For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

I recently experienced a similar situation at my music friend’s house. He bought a pair of Dirty Weekends and has placed them in a very compromised room. They are very close together as well. After raising them up and tilting them up in front significantly, these speakers disappear. They just aren’t "all that" in terms of high fidelity.  Hence their name?

I know what you mean Brian. Same with my system through the years. All my room treatments were compared in a variety of configurations based on listening. When I’’ve looked at your system page, I thought the speakers seemed too close together. Then, I didn’t know if it was an aesthetic compromise but I’ve never heard those speakers either.

Cake "Fashion Nugget "

2022/Sony

It’s nice to finally have my Cake and listen too, on vinyl.

Brian,

When I switched from my Usher Mini Ones to the Twos, I only had to bring them forward 3/4". 

Actually, the BE 718s we're in the same plane.

We work within the parameters we have. Though that isn’t to say it will be best sounding.

I think if there were no lifestyle restraints, speakers will mostly sound better out from the front wall. One has to take into consideration of the particular speaker design of course.

Good to know from a trusted friend. 

BTW. Have a Schiit Freya+ on the way. Highly configurable.

The MT album is a highly enjoyable bluegrass record with plenty of great talent contributing.

Spencer 

Your post reminded me that I need to clean my Philly Sound VMP box.

Eva Cassidy "Songbird"

2021/Blix Street Records/Germany 45 RPM/dbl lp

Have to start with lp2 as lp1 is extremely dished. Brand new, freshly cleaned. 

Edit: Based on SQ from this lp, it is superior to my Steve Hoffman mastered copy. I still need to compare as I've made major system changes recently.

Hey Brian,

@bkeske This album is sounding great to me! No SS spread but all is good 👍 

My copy is proving to be tricky.

Anyone keeping track....

After spending time with the Audia Flight, I’m very glad I bought it. Used, not much publicized components are a superb value.

Ii becoming accustomed to it. I’m aware of another resistor value is needed but enjoying immensely now

Yep, After further listening/understanding, I wish I’d bought different values.

I’m one who is slow to change, and I think that has value in the end. Keeping in mind, my latest break-in of the Cardas adapter it's my nature to evaluate, so in order to do that, one has to start at their personal best 

I meant "ticky"

@6t5-gto 

To message someone, click on their avatar and a box appears with one option being, " message user".

I've never seen a copy of the Procol Harum album with the red band around the perimeter. 

Welcome to all new posters!

I don’t have a problem with MOV for albums from late 80s or 90s and on but for early rock, 60s or 70s, I’d look for originals.

Well Jim, just got through listening. The SQ is wonderful! The vinyl is pretty flat. The vinyl is slightly tricky but negligible. Side three is poppy in a couple spots. It’s going in my slow steam method. I’m sure VMP will make it right if needed.

Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters "Carry Fire" 

2017/Nonesuch

Alan Parsons Project "Tales of Mystery and Imagination"

MFSL/Anadisc 200/original owner

Is there a digital step here?

It’s hard to pick just one! 

Been remembering The Purple Mountains. Kept forgetting to play.😕

Spencer, 

I didn't have confidence that Thin Lizzy was AAA and my pp sounds great. I'm interested in the Waylon Jennings.

Hey Bill, 

What do you think of that Classic Records release? I'm disappointed in mine. My pp reissue sounds much better.