For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

caught Lyle Lovett and Jason Isbell in virtual performance last eve, $10 as much a rambling conversation about songs, songwriters, guitars, influences, etc as music. highly recommended if you like either, especially if you love both....
@slaw - I will send it to you !!!! One of the 110 in the Ruthless Reubent cull list !!!!
Big Noise from Winnetka ( track 1, side 2 ) is worth the price of admission as they say....

@noromance turned me on to Doc via this thread.... grateful 
Uber - that would be quite the haul
!!!

this one is for you

Deep Purple- Who Do We Think We Are ( VG+ in a paper Warner / Reprise “ Loss Leader “ sleeve...
My LiL brothers stereo came from Play it Again SAM but I got my Dokorder R2R 4 track there, which set me down a path of recording live music, mixing sound...

fun
James - I do not... but I need to spend some serious leisure time in Italy to make up for labors there.... wife was born in Vicenza ... so I expect to get no pushback...

do you know the hotel ?
Uber - to rip off Ry ( Boo Tull ya Drop ) “
The very thing that makes ya rich makes ya poor “
Boxer12 I love that album, Rhiannon is such a talent :-)

bkeske - yes I was aware they were still around and every now and then check the website - they were a Bozak dealer so I hope to score an amp some day :-)
I know Don, bought my NAIM Unitiserve from him when we lived in Charleston. 
fun day scrounging vinyl...

two gems....not unfairly priced...

Johnny Winter Columbia 9826 from 1969

and

The Super Blues Band
( Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, and Bo Didley )
Checker LPS 3010 ( stereo ) from 1967
ELP - Trilogy ( sadly a G on play grade ... argh, into the cull pile it must go... ) 
James - thanks for the link - I think I need to jack up the budget for the trip :-) man no kidding write a song..... wow
@slaw how is the live album ? I am not holding much hope on my concert tickets - September as I recall.... argh
Lucinda - World without Tears....certainly lit from a fire within...fantastic
@6t5-gto.  yes Trace is a masterwork, have that on server...need to get it on vinyl...I have Melody of Riot on the black disc but I have yet to connect to it....maybe more cabernet or less Rye...not sure.
 @slaw Double Negative, while good has me wondering if the cantilever is trashed....
Junkies reissued by AP

And now a run thru 3 LP Eva Cassidy - Nightbird

as it is the first eve with Bardo and Triplaner/ Delos in the system..... ah

getting lost....
Thinking of playing The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down ( tape loop at 9 pm EST )

@slaw. Sorry just off the deep end happy with Sonics of some Vinyl favorites on the new table and arm... getting lost in music I thought I knew inside and out....

best
jim
@slaw .. I mean the intentional distortion, etc on Double Negative.... I much prefer The Great destroyer

But my buddy Jamie the producer / studio engineer/ owner is crazy for Double Negative... has it on repeat play :-)

@slaw I suspect like many I found Low only because of the Robert Plant connection and yes for sure Destroyer is certainly more approachable than Drums and Guns and especially Double Negative....color me mainstream !

i have Blackberry Smoke - Southern Gound Sessions spinning today w Amanda Shires....

loving it.....
Patricia Barber - Nightclub

Bob Ludwig and Doug Sax doing the mastering work.... I should have played this after dark... spectacular mood and Sonics...

”it’s not drinking alone if the dog is with you”
 @slaw strange planetary alignment- i just finished Desire...MOFI, Emmylou could read or sing legal notices and I would tune in...

Have Ry Cooder - Paradise & Lunch MOFI on now.....bass impacts scared me a douple of times....how cow...!!!

next up on deck Valerie Carter - Wild Child OP
I go for a bike ride and fiscal restraint goes out the window.... box sets of everything!!!!!
Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter - Like, Love & Lust and the Open Halls of the Soul

wonder of a double album, available direct from Barsuk records for $12 and shipping....what a deal....
 @stevecham zero for three in my collection anyway...will do my best to check them out on Tidal tho...one of the reasons I love this thread...
today which ran into last eve..

Bob M and the Wailers - Babylon by Bus
John Hiatt - Live from Austin TX
Dead - Wake of The Flood
JJ Cale - Rewind

and spinning now

Hiatt - The Eclipse Sessions

“ we are programmed to receive, you can check out … but you can never leave “

sorry I was busy miking the orchestra pit

I understand Steve - Georgia Blue cover art is sublime

Marianne Thorsen - Mozart - Trondheim Solistine - Violin Concertos

2L

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
@slaw you are welcome, i like pretty much everything they do, more electric the better....

so far..

David Lindley and El Rayo-X : Win This Record!
JJ Cale : Number 10  ( MOV mint pressing )
Norah Jones : Daybreak ( orange vinyl ???? ... iffy pressing quality )

With advent of Discogs global marketplace, my friendly local postal delivery person is convinced of my insanity........

I have Third Mind going again - really suits my mood

recommended it to a acquaintance and he said Morning Dew isn’t a Dead song ( they didn’t write it ... duh, I didn’t know... so check out Bonnie Dobson - at Folk City ( EP ) on Tidal...