Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Brian,

I don’t have an option of capacitance/resistance. There may be a factory setting on one of those at 47k? is

Confusing, ain’t it?

So I have nothing in either slot but a 400 ohm resistor in each channels l/r slot on the very left. It's stated as custom value slot

Just arrived, 

Joan Shelley "The Spur" 

The Smile "A Light For Attracting Attention"

@sbank  

Although my copy of The Spur came in dished, the vinyl is very quiet. SQ is really great! Maybe her best yet?

On well recorded albums, SQ is darn good save for my wish of more expansive SS. 

Maybe the Audia Flight is showing faults in recordings more than the Trio?

Hey Brian,

I had 5 preset options on my Trio. I found 390 sounded best. The other closest options are 300( too thin) or 510 (too muddy). Right now I’m running 400. I’m very close but not perfect. I’m hard on myself 😞 

The Sussurro specs read 450 ohm.

Thanks for your interest Brian. My interest is in learning as well. I have many "jumper option" that I frankly don't understand but since I have a dedicated slot for custom value, I’m focusing on that. I’m not knowledgeable enough to feel good about answering your question.

Joan Shelley "The Spur"

2022/No Quarter

my copy is dished. didn't realize the great Bill Callahan was on this record.

I have several jumpers, in my limited understanding of my manual’ guide, I feel not too confident in making comparison/guesses. Especially when I’m getting great sound now .

That’s a wide range there Brian, interesting. 

My system has always been minimalist in the fact of vinyl only, so never had a line stage. Have always been interested in passive. I am still wanting to hear one of the Hattor units.

Flag Day Soundtrack

2021/Seattle Surf/Republic Records

day appropriate, recommended

Glen Hansard & Eddie Vedder. Two male voices that continue to impress me.

Arrived recently, 

The Delines "The Sea Drift" 

2022/El Cortez Records - Jealous Butcher Records

Hey Brian, 

I sent a PM. 

I was reading through my manual'. MC loading is resistive. MM  options are said to be capacitive. I think this is the standard. The loading "dock" area in back allows for two inputs with a r/l channel for each input. You can do 2 MC carts, two MM carts or one of each. The front panel button switches between input one and two .

The Delines "The Sea Drift" 

2022/El Cortez Records/Jealous Butcher Records 

just released!

Bee Gees "Spirits Having Flown"

2020/UMe/Capitol 

Their albums would have been greater if done as D2D.

Flag Day Soundtrack

again. 

Probably said it before but this lp is sooo good!

Glen Hansard "Between Two Shores"

2018/Plateau Records/ANTI-

Been a while since a Hansard fix

Glen Hansard "It Was Triumph We Once Proposed" 

the songs of Jason Molina 

2015/Overcoat Recordings 

Recommended!

Brian,

I am not using my 10 db boost now. I like it so far. Supposedly less noise?, the unit is pretty quiet anyway. Sounds more natural.

Jackson Browne "Hold Out"

1980/Elektra/Asylum 

This album sounds so good the more you turn it up!

Greg, .

It's a shame when you need to disclose all of the faults on a new record.

Marvin Gaye "What’s Going On"

2022/Tamla/Motown/UMe

Ok, there are two new versions featuring the Detroit Mix. The best is supposedly the version pressed at Precision, Kevin Gray mastering. This is that. It helps that I got  great deal on it.

My local friend and I both have the MFSL One-Step. He told me about this version with lots of love for it. Here we go ....

BTW, I like round records 

My quibbles about the Audia Flight are diminishing.

Ozark Mountain Daredevils "It'll Shine When It Shines" 

pp/A&M/Glyn Johns

Hey Bill,

Really think the adapters for the volume control that needed XLR to RCA, needed time to break in as well, and I’ve accounted for that in my mind. I splurged on the expensive Cardas. They are very short in length machined out of bronze then gold plated. Not low mass but solid connection.

"What’s Going On"

Side 3 & 4. One side stripped down, the other mono mixes

Sounds great BTW.

Just arrived,

ELO "Eldorado" MFSL /2021

Tool "Fear Inoculum" 2021/RCA box