Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@dayglow ,

I have Wish You We're Hear & The Stranger & Leftoverture but haven't listened in too long.

Joanne Shaw Taylor "The Blues Album"

2021/Keeping The Blues Alive Records

Some of her albums have become available on vinyl in the last few years. This is her latest. Should be great.

first Little Village cover I've heard.

Easy, no contest, the Friday Music version prevails here. I believe the pp sounds superior to the CBS version.

New music arrived, 

Dusty Springfield "Dusty in Memphis" 

2011/AP/45rpm 

Patricia Barber "Higher" 

2020/Impex/45 rpm 

Calling Cadence "S/T" 

2022/hi-res records/AAA/Kevin Grey/RTI

The positive increase in midrange presence and overall openness I’m hearing after the last several changes I made over the last several months, have me adjusting my sub settings again. This has never failed. Anytime I have a significant upgrade in SQ, I always benefit from addressing the sub settings.

The PPT paste sounds amazing. Along with it and the Omega + Mats, I’m listening at much lower volume now, Around 9:00, whereas use to be at least 10:30. Pretty amazing  The OL belt  and the Townshend Pods. Seems like everything is working together.

I was listening to the Mark Knopfler album while adjusting. I’m hearing another layer of his voice now that never seemed present before.

Lu is doin’ some real nice interpretations here in her unique style.  Great SQ.

Don't remember who mentioned The Green Pajamas but thanks! Thoroughly enjoying this.

Tori Amos "God"

4 track/12" EP

1994/EastWest/EU 

Very dynamic!!!

Needs cleaning.

Another one of my ongoing experiments...

A while back I mentioned that I was using compressed air to clean lps off. Well that really didn’t work anywhere near as well as my current method.

I still use my Thunderon brush but steam every other lp. You get your brush clean at the same time you’re removing more particles than a dry brush does.

That brush was available at sleevecity for around $20 then.

Bee Gees "Children of the Future" 

Been trying to find an unscaved pressing. I think this is it. 

Such a good lp!

finishing up Cowboy Junkies

Jim, ’"The Imperial" isn’t what I’d call audiophile SQ but I think they are going for a certain mood/atmosphere. Love it!

@artemus_5 

Good to know about 38 Special lp. I have it as well but It got so much radio play back in the day that I thought I'd had my fill .

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers "First Flight to Tokyo"

2021/Blue Note

I've always wanted to "upgrade" my first two Boston lps ( barcoded) with pp. I've felt like they were bright in the past.