For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Brian, I like that you moved up the line with Vandersteen. I've done the same with Usher 

I have been buying so many new albums that I have been missing others. I have been listening/cleaning some of my past records over the last two weekends. Some needed more help than I initially gave them. Now on to some newly acquired stuff....

Rory Galligher "Blue"

2019/UMC/Chess..

I guess it depends on what era of Thompson one is referring to, right? 

I still Love, Pour Down Like Silver.

Joel, You talkin’ about the MFSL Aretha’’s Gold?  Sounds fantastic to me.

The Crosby lp isn’t tilted up IMO. Still listening to the possibly defective Delos?

Hey Brian,

You gotta get "Bring The Family"  !  

Mine is the MFSL. Any version will sound great though.

Brian, Just on first listen, I was very impressed with the consistent quality songs and the SQ, which is great. The downside: side one has audible surface noise that dissipates, and other noticeable noise throughout side one. 

I just got in a sealed copy as well. Will clean and compare 

IMO, this test pressing of Lu, sounds great. I miss the visual of her perform, however  

Me too;I feel comfortable in saying I love a great deal and have no problem supporting it in the way that I can afford best 

Aways buy vinyl though.

Joel,

I can highly recommend the Sussurro, Buying into SoundSmith is an investment.

No problem with that Joel. An established relationship with a dealer is Big! 

Arrived recently, 

Lou Reed "Rock n Roll Animal" 

1974/RCA/Dynaflex 

Lou Reed "Coney Island Baby" 

2016/Sundazed 

Leonard Cohen "New Skin for the Old Ceremony" 

Sundazed 

Pink Floyd "Live at Knebworth 1990" 

2021/45 rpm   

the B-52s "S/T" 

RE 

The Church "Metropolis" 

12" three song EP /1990/Arista 

Ry Cooder "Boomer's Story"

2017/MFSL

Sparklehorse "Dark Night of the Soul" 

currently streaming but own the vinyl...........

@bslon,

Bill, I haven't had a chance to listen yet, although I love The Church and most of my lps by them sound very good.

Hey Bill,

Speaking of The Church, I have a gold stamped promo of Remote Luxury that I need to clean and listen to soon.

Well, my music friend and I watched some of Get Back yesterday. We ended up helping one another out with life issues, our watching time was cut short. I did readjust his Ortofon Cadenza Black MC and tweek this speaker and sub alignment and setting. We decided to start with the second segment. While it is nice to seem them young and the kind of loose way they committed themselves to end product was interesting to me. It was a slow moving segment. The SQ was really nice. I thought, why couldn’t they get Ringo’s drums to sound/sound more prominent on their early recordings? Interesting that they all called Ringo, Richie. By his real name. 

What we thought was funny was John's showing the camera , in his way, his unhappiness about having to introduce the Stones at their upcoming TV special.

Bill, to observe a Drive-by Truckers’s quote .. "a blessing and a curse".

building on a theme ...

Drive-by Truckers "Decoration Day"

2007/NewWest 

been really surprised and happy, I've been buying all of DBT that I never owned 

Reminds me Bill, to clean my newly acquired Live @ Nebworth on 45 rpm dbl vinyl 

Bill, I wouldn ’t go that far. It sounds "of an era" to me, more than amazing..