Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Traffic "When The Eagle Flies"

kinda from the recent box.....

That lp was the only record in my bow that had ticks/pops. Seller wants the entire box back. I ordered the single lp, (all of them are available singly), I'm sure they are pressed at the same time.

So I Frankensteined it

Hey Jim, I don't have a comparison album but do have a few of his output. I really enjoyed it, and I guess that's all that matters.

Arrived today,

Steve Miller Band "Children of the Future"

"Brave New World"

Bee Gees "Children of the World"

Rory Gallagher "Blues"

More arrivals,

Richard Thompson "13 Rivers"

Lucinda Williams "Live in Austin Texas" (test pressing)

Buddy Miller "Cayamo: Sessions @ Sea"

Drive by Truckers "The Dirty South" "Decoration Day"

Jim, 

Regarding the Crosby lp.....I think a lot of what you're hearing, is the speed change?

Yeah @pierce911  

Hope you continue to comment on the ModWright. What phono did it replace? 

I don't know what's going on but on my screen, my avatar doesn't show up and there are a series of numbers & letters to the right.

Cool @pierce911

Sounds great! Several posters here with a SOTA. My K&K Trio uses 6922s, currently running Reflektors. Have so far not felt a need for tube rolling. Happy listening!

@bslon  

The records that arrived this week ..... haven't had a chance to play yet.

@dayglow @bslon

That Thelma Houston lp on Sheffield, came out in two versions. I can’t recall the difference at the moment but I have both.

My question got me wondering....uh,oh. I guess a D2D wouldn't have a test pressing. 

The Kinks "One For the Road, Live"

1980/Arista/pp 

Nice and punchy, dynamic, open.....

BTW, I believe the first two mainstream Zevon lps are going to become available as One-steps next year.

@nicks25  

My music friend and I are getting together soon for a day of streaming Let It Be.

Nick, I meant to write, the making of Let it Be. 

I think Phil messed up All Things Must Pass as well.

I usually read your music posts at this time during the week when I get to work  

@jrwaudio  

Well, that's the kind of life that is ripe with stories if one has the ability to put those stories to music.