For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Recently got a quite copy of Soul Journey. Such a great sounding record!

@bkeske,

Brian just ordered 13 Rivers for $15.00.

www.newwestrecords.com  is having a great sale.

Good to know Spencer. Recently bought Johnny Cash "ACL". That will be my first ACL lp.

Snagged a test pressing of Lucinda Williams "Live @ Austin City Limits" at half price.

Just arrived,

Lucinda Williams "Have Yourself  Rockin' Little Christmas"

Hey @6t5-gto,

I finally got a copy of Sea Change after all these years. It is such a great /great sounding, album!

David Crosby "If I Could Only Remember My Name"

50th

I have the Classic Records....should be interesting.

I always thought this album sounded slightly different than most. The advertising says this remaster has had the speed corrected. It is mastered by CB.

Listening to the first song, sounds like it was recorded yesterday.

Puttin’ on the Classic Records version now. No

volume change.

Again, the first song....Music is Love, this version is definitely slower. There is additional low bass info, but by comparison, all of these differences considered, I like the 50th better after first listen.

Johnny Cash "Live From Austin Texas"

NewWest 

SQ is EX, there are a few spots that are slightly noisy. Should be able to steam them out......

Joel,

Yes. I bought mine from Amazon. If Chad has a special version, I'm unaware.

Yeah Joel. Years ago, you had to buy $1k of records to get 10% off, at Chad’s place.

These are the trials of us diehard analog lovers, Greg. 

I've actually created a pile of lps going back for replacement  

Andy Pratt "Records Are Like Life"

1969/Polydor/promo .

This is awesome!

Sorry James.

Well guys, I reported a couple months ago on my experience with cleaning all 7 of the fuses in my SMc Audio amp and then applying the PPT paste. The results were basically, more clarity. A whorthwhile improvement.

On Friday, I cleaned and pasted, my two outlets that supply power to the amps/subs and speaker cables and the end/s of power cords that connected to a just cleaned outlet.

The results are pretty amazing. To put in general terms, there is a lack of feeling that there are electronics supplying the music, instead, you feel like you are experiencing them in person. The first time I had a similar audio experience was when I got my first, highly modded McCormack 225. It’s such a more organic experience.

Regarding The Division Bell" The (door slam) in the beginning of the first song in side 4, is really nice.

Hey Brian. Perfect Path Technology.

The company is now defunct due to the designer having died without leaving proper will .

Hey, just a small portion treated and yet such large improvements. Look forward to further treatments. 

My slow method may be beneficial in showing how partial impovenents manifest into a more matured state