For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

James, One or two members of Wilco are in The Autumn Defense. Nels Cline being one

Recent arrivals, 

The Mountain Goats "Beat the Champ"  

2015/Merge/45 rpm 

Chrissie Hynde/Valve Bone Woe 

2019/V.B.W.  EU

Brandi Carlile "In These Silent Days"
again...

Recommended!!

This is easily her best album yet. Songwriting continues to mature. She's rockin' here as well. Will be in my five favorite lps of the year 
Neil Young "Carnegie Hall"
Lp 1

Did a deep clean. First play had small/light ticks.......

So far, much less surface noise, SQ actually improved as well. More open, better tone.....sustain on piano and acoustic guitar improved........
Procol Harum "Broken Barricades" 
A&M/pp/looks unplayed 
Recent purchase
Aerosmith "Rock"
2013/"Remastered from the original Sources tapes", whatever that means.'deadwax says mastered at Sterling Sound/RKS , he's a good mastering engineer

Recent arrivals,

Chris Rea "Auberge" 1991/Magnet Records/Germany/pp

Chris Rea "Wired to the Moon" 1984/Magnet Records/UK?/pp 

John Illsley "Coming Up For Air" 2019/Creek/EU

That's been my attitude with record buying the last several years Bill and Joel.

Fairport Convention "Unhalfbricking"

2008/4 Men With Beards

I’d imagine a pp will sound better than this one. I hear all of the flaws in this pressing now.

I own several Calexico lps and like them all, however they aren't consistent in SQ. Excellent musicians!!!
Joel,

I am waiting on someone to post their impressions on the Pink Floyd "MLOR" 45rpm before I get it.
@tomic601 & @spiritofradio

Have either of you seen that Crooked Still "Shaken by a Low Sound" is available for pre-order at www.magnoliarecordclub.com
as a dbl lp including B sides.

Actually, everyone....they’re having a great sale right now on in stock items.
Joni Mitchell Archives sent me a 7"x 7" print as a gesture for the late shipping on her big box set that I think will arrive tomorrow.
This PJ Harvey lp F. Ing rocks!!! reminds me of Chrissy Hynde for some reason....except PJ is way more far out man......
I get what you’re saying on "White Innocence" from Catfish Rising, Bill. Even on that songs' construction.
Family Band "Grace & Lies". 

Hey @boxer12 
If you liked the Orenda Fink lp, you should seek out this one.
Hey Bill,

Been a while for both of these lps but your mentioning that rings a bell. I’m not the Tull afficionado that many here are. This album has some good songs on it with really good SQ.
Supertramp "Breakfast in America" 
MFSL, latest 

Last time I listened, I put it into my sell pile. Re-evaluating.
This album would be very interesting to listen to, through an equalizer or an amp with tone controls.

After listening,,...... the lp on it’s whole, sounds fake, under a microscope.  

It's only when it's coming through in your room along with an honest listen, the there can be a real evaluation.

You see the potential.
WLP "Brain Salad Surgery"
Manticore/pp 

Paid $20.00 for this, ten years ago. No tellin' now?
Was thinking about that one recently, Greg. I bought that one a while back and it started my extended search for more ,VFs
Hey puffball,

They gives me pause, then reminds me of why I'm, so happy now

This record was a "watershed" moment in the Prog/Rock movement that is fast approaching.     
There’s so little output by them on vinyl, I’m gonna get it and give my other copy to a friend. BTW, just pre-ordered her latest solo lp.
Just arrived!

The latest release on vinyl by Acony Records from Gillian Welch & David Rawlings "All The Good Times, Are Past And Gone"