Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

BTW, Brian...
The Telefunken smoothe plates were a favorite of mine in my former EAR 834 phono stage..

I had moved on from those tubes to others in my EAR life 
I chose not to respond to your search for guidance in your particular phono stage, simply because I had no experience with your Trumpet. 

My feeling is, certain tubes work better, and/or are designed to work best in the original designer's design.

So, how could I recommend a tube for the Trumpet by my experience in a different design?
Brian,

Kevin Carter, the designer)builder of my Trio, built it around the 6922 Reflector tubes. He's an engineer. He voices his designs based on personal experience. While I've contplatded using others..... Why?!
I guess since I know him personally and have listened with him, probably makes a big difference.
Sturgill Simpson "Metamodern Sounds in Country Music"

..."she thinks mercy is overrated".. 
My system, at this hour, is sounding better than ever!!!!

The center stage is perfect, the speakers have disappeared, the balance is perfect!!!!

3:04 EST
Robert Palmer "Sneaking Sally Through the Alley

2021/RSD//green translucent vinyl
.....hold on to the dream.....

where the vocals meld into the sax.  

perfect
New arrivals..

Death Cab for Cutie "The Georgia E.P."

Mary Gauthier "Mercy Now"

Hey James. Still testing positive although feel okay. If "God's FC" is Tillman's latest, I really like it. I can't keep up with artist' output like I use to. He's a big talent! 

Set up my new to me phono stage and volume control this morning. Had to buy some cables/adapters to make it all work. Those will need some break-in I'd imagine.

Here’s my take @j_husker. I’d try to get some diffusers at the first reflection point. Then maybe pull your speakers in 6" (3" each,) and possibly your listening chair.

Good luck!
My two orders of inner sleeves from Vinyl StorageSolutions finally shipped.

Any of you feel you got cheated out of the Craft Recording, small batch, one step on Friday?

@big_greg, @mammoutguy54, 

RE: "Blues From Laurel Canyon"
I seem to recall my pp has a surprisingly clean jacket but the vinyl is noisy. I need to check it out.

Just checked out my "Blues From Laurel Canyon" lp. It's an EU/Decca/ffss/stereo

Looks like it should clean up well. I should get to it soon.