For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

It gets my highest recommendation! SQ is superb! High quality vinyl to boot .
That Eels record is one I don't have Tim. How would you compare it to others?
Brian,

Nice to have you listening/posting all day long. Reminds me of someone I know.
St. Paul & The Broken Bones "Live"
dbl/lp/45 rpm/RSD

I have the studio lp and never play it because it’s too digital. My hope is for this one to shine. Great music!
Mine is the 33rpm on red vinyl. Pure Audiophile.  There is a 45rpm version......must be fantastic.

Also, the piano is killer!!!
Frankly, my friend's system sounds better than mine now, so trying to play catch up.
This is what's so great about having a music friend!!!! I love learning, although learning is associated with understanding what's going on. I understand.
Jim, I helped set up my music friend's speaker/sub set-up today and WOW! I've never heard that album sound so good. It puts about everything else to shame. I commented to him that I wished we hadn't listened to it now because everything else sounds inferior.

That Purpleheart had been on my short list for some time, then a fellow member reminded me of the Van den Hul Frog. That seemed to provide more of what I might want at the price range. Having said that, I'm very satisfied with my Sussurro Mk II
James, I actually learned a lot tonight. I’ve been transforming what I heard there, to what my system is capable of. Enjoying the tweeks brother. Probably an all-nighter?
Last night...

We listened to Steve Winwood
"Greatest Hits Live"

Interesting concept but it worked famously. Highly recommend!!!
James,

His speakers just disappeared last night
Of course I provided a couple of my Vicoustic Extreme bass panels
I haven't been a big fan of Golden Ear until I heard what they are capable of last night.
James,

I call em like I hear em.

My system is geared towards a more organic, warmer side

My friend’

All solid state

Pass Labs 20 line stage
JC 3+ phono

Parasound JC 1 monos

Golden Ear Triton 1

JL Audio f112 sub
Music Hall (top line)

Ortofon Cadenza Black
James, The Triton 1s have the built in amp.

The comparison from my system to his is interesting and very different. I could live with either one
Cracker "The Golden Age"
Classic Records
one of the first lps from that label
I overbought. I have a sealed copy of Tom Petty "Finding Wildflowers (Alternate Versions). 
I'd like to offer it up to any regular posters here at no charge. PM me.