For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

James, I've never seen Mark Flanigin live. Only recently heard of him in my music searches. I put him on my Best of thread this year.

Just did a grocery store run and heard part of a song on my local college radio station. Here's the line that stuck in my head......

......" You're spookin' the horses
you're killin' me"....

Cool!
Couple of items I’m using now....

Just got in the more costly version ($79.95) of the Reliable Light M. Fremer reviewed. ( Uberlight 4100 TL ) I’ve been needing a great light and went the weighted base model. Works fantastic, has three light settings and a colored light setting. Stays exactly where you position it. Much better than the overpriced Littlelight.

My music friend left me some TM-8 record cleaner from Brooks Berdan
www.groovyhi-fi.com to try. So will be using this in my pre-steam regimen.
Sarah Jarosz "Blue Heron Suite"

Cancel

It came from the Vibrato. Nothing else. Noticeable slight ticking.

Currently undergoing the TM-8 pre-steam, then another trip to the Vibrato.

Results later...........
Having said all of this, I re-cleaned lp 2 of Dave Alvin "West of the West" with the TM-8 fluid and have listened again. The results....surface noise, maybe slightly by quieter?, but the music seems to be more meaningful. Splitting hairs here but I like it

The difference could be listening to the same lp before and enjoying it, then listening again and tapping your feet, nodding your head, kind of enjoyment.
Jim, you're wrong, I never said that..

You're confusing my posts with someone else's
Maybe I said that regarding it’s appearance but not from personal experience until yesterday.
There is really no way to accurately make a judgement between cleaning the same record once with one regime or fluid then go to the same lp with the same regime and a different fluid. Why? Because it is a second clean, which, in and of itself may have a positive effect without the benefit of a different cleaning fluid. So, it's important to keep this in mind.
My posts on steaming should be a consideration of you who want the best from your vinyl records.
Rose City Band *"Earth Trip’

This lp is Highly Recommended!!!!

His latest. Want to discover more of his
output under two more band names. You should too!

Neil Young/Crazy Horse "Barn"

BARN Man!!! 

"lookin' through this clear vinyl window"

Nick,.

RE: Mark Knopfler,

I've been streaming John Illsley recently. His sound is very similar. I have some vinyl ordered. Worth checking out. Started out with his latest, "VIII".

In my fuse/PPT experiment so far is an additional and welcome clarity. The PPT stuff is suppose to reveal increased SQ as it cures over 3/4 weeks 
Remember this link I posted after last RSD where you can buy RSD titles after the day.

www.roughtrade.com

At my music friend's house listening to the latest Bob Seger "Live Bullet" mastered by CB. Yeah!

Installed his upgraded amp for the JL sub, repositioned the speakers and put my loaner BDR Shelf For the Source under his Music Hall 11.3.