For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Thanks for chiming in @millercarbon. I’m well aware of the PPT paste being highly conductive.
Robert Palmer "Sneakin’ Sally Through the Alley"
RSD/Friday Music
translucent green vinyl

Recommended!
John Lee Hooker "The Country Blues Of....."
Craft Recordings
60th Anniversary
All analog mastering from the original stereo tapes by Kevin Grey
Joel,

These Craft Recordings lps are of a different source regarding vinyl and pressing plants. What one saves in dollars is not a recommendation I can make.

If I want a superior vinyl copy with a great mastering engineer, I'd go for the Intervention copy for an additional $12 bucks.
Arrived recently:

Anson Funderburgh "Talk to You by Hand"
Jason Isbell "Live From the Ryman"
Hiss Golden Messenger "Quietly Blowing It"
Luna "Rendezvous"
Joni Mitchell "The Resprise Albums" 1968 - 1971 (Archives)
@grey9hound,

Didn't mean to leave The Rockets out. I did hear another of their lps at a friend's house but will have to be reminded which one it was. Definitely recommended!
Thanks @boxer12,

@bkeske, Will do. I just got that Canned Heat lp in as well.

I felt the same way Greg, however I did order a Barnes & Noble exclusive of Grateful Dead "Skull & Roses" on orange translucent vinyl.

Hey Chris,

Have you ever used a hand held steamer to clean lps? I find it a useful tool in my vinyl cleaning arsenal.

John Lee Hooker "The Country Blue Of...."
Craft Recordings/all analog mastering from original
stereo tapes/Kevin Grey
Isaac Hayes "Black Moses"
Craft Recordings
Remastered from original master tapes
@mammothguy54,

Isaac Hayes "Black Moses"
Craft Recordings

This is the only copy I've heard. It's very enjoyable. Compared to my other IH lps, it's slightly less open but it has great separation, width, full midrange and bass. There is a small siblance issue on all (s) sounds. This may be a remastering problem.....? I'd give it a solid 9.
BTW,. I got in the Stable 33.33 lp center hole reamer. Works like a charm!
Arrived today:

The Mountain Goats "Tallahassee" & "Dark in Here"
Rose City Band "Earth Trip"
You're welcome James. It's a clever design and while still pricy, better than paying $50 for a drill bit from Clearaudio
Review of Noteworthy Audio interconnects:

Months ago @boxer12 sent some of his interconnect designs to me. (There is a patent pending to my knowledge). I’m currently using a 12’ pair between my K&K Audio phono-preamplifier to a pair Martin/Logan Depth i subs and a 1M pair from the main sub to my SMc Audio amp that has been modified to Signature Ultra status in 2015.

These replaced my fairly inexpensive but very good Marc Tunis Silver Ghost interconnects.

The one drawback to the Noteworthys is that they aren’t very flexible, especially at each end where it seems necessary to have heavy shrink wrap to protect the connection of the wire to the excellent KLE RCAs. I can’t fault Tim for this extra protection but it may be a consideration for some.

When I installed them there was an increase inner detail. My ability to hear/discern minute intricacies in recordings was noticeable and welcome. There was a fullness in the midrange and bass that hadn’t been there before. More over, all of these nice improvements happened with no drawbacks. In fact the music seems very relaxed all the while exuding very nice dynamic contrasts and tone and color. Soundstage is nice and wide with appropriate depth, (recording dependant).

Many of you may have experienced this..... when you get to really understand what each part of your system is contributing to your enjoyment, you get a sense of what component may be the next to upgrade. In my case, I don’t feel the Noteworthys will be leaving for quite sometime, probably never. I feel they are allowing me to get everything out of my components with much left to offer.
The Mountain Goats "Dark in Here"

Lots of jazz influence here. Highly recommend!
Jim,.

The DMM acronym, just sounds bad on it’s face doesn’t it. I own that ABB "EAP" lp. I find it sounds very good at loud volume. Very good is different than great in my posting analogy. This Rush lp, by comparison, to me sounds somewhat flat. Maybe it’s the pace of music styles?

Maybe James can chime in on the Rush?