Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Tom Fogerty "Excaliber"
Craft Recordings/2018
"cut from the original analog masters"

This one's been on my radar since I saw it offered by Intervention Records/Kevin Grey.

The Craft is over $10.00 cheaper. Maybe a lesser quality vinyl/pressing plant. We'll see......
Big Star "#1 Record"
Craft Recordings/2019
from the original tapes/all analog mastering

My other copy is a Four Men With Beards which Fremer says are from digital sources. I always thought it sounded thin/stident

Oh yeah! This copy sounds great.

Tom Fogerty sounded really good. The vinyl wasn't as shiny black and without scuff marks as all of my Intervention Records lps are. I believe I can coax 5% more SQ out of this Craft pressing with a slow steam and another trip through the Vibrato. 

Enjoyable album!
The Built For Spill "Live" lp is highly recommend. Side two IS The best cover of Cortez The Killer.....ever!
They are? From her ongoing archives. Assuming these are from her personal tapes......like Neil Young.
@waltersalas ,

I was looking at your system page.....are the Tekton your new speaker?
Lover of the Bayou from Mudcrutch. LOVE this song and Tom's interpretation.
Playing the Mudcrutch lp.....
I checked the EMI meter this morning, read 100mV

Just noticed how much better disc 2 sounded. Checked the meter again, read 72mV.

This difference is easily heard.
Neil Young "Young Shakespeare"

Wasn't going to get this at first since I had "Massey Hall", but after hearing it at a friend's house, I decided to buy. It has some different songs than Massey, that sealed the deal for me. Great SQ!
Gov’t Mule "Live @ the Capitol Theatre" Vol 1

Interesting that I finally got Vol 1 after first getting Vol 3 then 2 ...???

You got to turn it up!
@grey9hound ,

Lucinda Williams "Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone"

There’s one song where the bass is down low and perfect!!!!

I will have issues with you going forward if you think the SQ is just OK on this lp.

@tgilb @spiritofradio

After reading above, I remember Chloe. I put it on my best of list for 2022. Need to listen again for sure.

@steve_wisc,

I think there is a thread related to your post if you care to search it out?

Otherwise, welcome!
Jim,

With foot healing, war department abay,  I expect more music choices forthcoming