Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Arrived today:

The Bangles "Sweetheart of the Sun" (teal) & "Doll Revolution" (white) RealGoneMusic
Todd Rundgren & Utopia "Live 1978 @ The Old Waldorf" (gold) RealGoneMusic
Van Morrison "It's Too Late to Stop Now" Vol 1 /Live/dbl lp
Country Joe & The Fish @ friends "Live! Fillmore West 1969 / 50th Anniversary/ dbl lp/ (yellow) RealGoneMusic
Tony Joe White "Black and White" AP
The Standells "Dirty Water"  Sundazed/mono
John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers  "A Hard Road"  Sundazed/mono

Hey Elliott,

I understand what you’re saying, and you may be right. If you have or can find a copy of "Never Enough" I think you’ll get what I’m saying. Playing them one after another...the differences are stark.

I remember reading in Jim Smith's book that "Breakdown" was one of the cds he traveled with to set up systems. She has some great sounding records.

BTW, what is a cd player?
I believe the bonus lp of Warren Z "SITF" sounds better than lp 1. The midrange is wonderful as are his vocals.

With this lp, the performance is king!
Wanda Jackson "Unfinished Business" 2012/Sugar Hill Records/ produced by Justin Townes Earl
Tim,

I’d describe it as mellow with a deep and confident understanding of her maturity as an artist. I love it on the first listen.

By the album jacket... there’s a glimpse of a child. Maybe she has experienced motherhood now and this is reflective in her music?

More introspective.
Playing side 2 of my Warren Z "SITF" WLP to compare.
.................................................................................................

OK.....This title isn’t an audiophile recording no matter what pressing you may have. The ROG pressing is overly warm. While it has a richer midrange and lower bass, it lacks transient snap. His vocals are more enjoyable on the ROG. The WLP....while a little too hot, had me tapping my feet. I wish we could get a pressing that is a happy medium between these two pressings.

Up now, the bonus lp from ROG.

Been listening to some Allison Moorer that I probably would have not heard otherwise. Excellent!!

Jim, Let us know how the S Shook is. I bought it without first listening as I'm a fanboy.

Cat Power "Wanderer"

Any of you, fans!

I've wondered why she hasn't been mentioned in a very long time.
Perhaps it was because her last lp "Sun" wasn't that great! It wasn't that great SQ either.

This lp is a rebirth. Check it out 

@waltersalas 

Hey Chris, 

I auditioned some of The Delines over the last few weeks and was impressed!

Country Joe & The Fish & Friends "Live! Fillmore West 1969"
RealGoneMusic
Featuring: Jack Cassidy, Steve Miller, Gerry Garcia, Mickey Hart and others.....

Ordering Lucifer as well. Thanks for mentioning Jim!

Wow!...I get the feeling that Spoon has matured into the band that they can be proud of.

Listening to these two albums has really energized me.

Jim,

Surprisingly very good. Of all the records I bought recently, I had more concerns for the SQ of this one. Very enjoyable!

I think it's limited to 1000 copies.

After Jim mentioned Spoon yesterday I decided to check out "Hot Thoughts", as I had previously not followed them anymore after "They Want My Soul". I was disappointed in that lp. Hot Thoughts is very enjoyable streaming on the Grados. Ordering that lp. Gonna check out Lucifer.

Here's my jazz recommendation for this evening. Sorry, no vinyl. 

Ethan Anderson "Every Note is True"

Bobby Gentry "Fancy"

1967/Capitol/pp

Picked this up at the last record show I attended, a year ago. SQ is fantastic!!!