Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@keegiam,

If this matters, I got in Blues Project "In Central Park" recently, pp

Thanks Tom. Still away from home but trying to keep up with all the (good to me) vinyl that's available. Trying to participate here as I can.

Yeah Tim, In my personal sub upgrades, I’d say the same thing.

Don't recall your mentioning your main speakers.

How are the 4/10s (coupled) to the floor?
Just arrived:

James Taylor "Hourglass"  Analog Spark/from the original tapes
Chet Baker "It Could Happen to You"  Craft Recordings/Kevin Grey/ original tapes
Blind Melon "S/T"  MOV
Thom Yorke "Anima"  orange vinyl
Check out H.C. McEntire's cover of Houses of the Holy if it's on youtube.
Blind Melon "S/T" MOV
Liking the music lots. Lacks the soul of an analog recording.
@boxer12,

Looking forward to a continuous run from phono to amp of Noteworthy Audio

Arrived today, 

The White Stripes "S/T" 

When I ordered this, it was said to be cut at BG Mastering. There is no mention of this in print on the lp or inner sleeve or in the dead wax. Not even 2022 on back jacket.

Can't believe I never heard it before Tim. I probably wouldn't have appreciated it when it came out.

Arrived today:

Ian Hunter "S/T"  CBS/1975/EU/Discogs purchase
The Dead Weather "Dodge & Burn" sealed
Arrived today:

Cat Power "Wanderer"
The Secret Sisters "S/T"
Gov't Mule "Live @ The Capitol Theatre: Vol 2"
PJ Harvey "Yo Bring You My Love"

Arrived today, 

Sarah Shook & The Disarmers "Nightroamer" 

2022/Thirty Tigers

@mammothguy54,

Joel, I have the Audio Fidelity, Leon Russell as well. I was disappointed in the SQ on my first listen. I’ll try it again.

FWIW, I bought a copy of "Carney" pressed at QRP years ago and it was full of clicks & pops. Returned it for replacement with the seller agreeing to check out the replacement. I was informed it was defective as well.

@elliottbnewcombjr,

I played several of my Melissa Etheridge lps not too long ago. I bought her "S/T" when it came out, mastered by Stephen Marcussen @ Precision Laquer/DMM/standard weight vinyl.

Love the music but I always thought it is a little too hot and lacking lower bass.

Anyway, an interesting comparison is Melissa Etheridge "Never Enough" Island/EU

Actually began my streaming adventure today. Trying out the Grados and some Audioengine desktops. Nice to have some music again!

In my short time streaming, I've heard some really good, new to me music/artists. Just ordered a few lps by Joshua Hyslop and Jeremy Ivey.

Tom, right now through Tidal. I’m listening on the highest SQ setting. Listening through some Audioengine HD4 speakers. I could easily tell the SQ difference through the Astell & Kerns sr25 II on my Grado 1000e. The AK has a nice dac whereas my speakers are powered with no DAC. So a high quality DAC I can tell is very important. The Audioengines are very intoxicating with wide/deep soundstage. They need a little more detail and extension that a good DAC should provide. I have a iFi NEO iDSD on order to try. With Amazon, trying few, if need be, will be fun.

The sound so far is highly enjoyable. I’m not married to these speakers yet. Want to experience what a DAC will do.

PJ Harvey "To Bring You My Love"

@big_greg, 

I took a cue from you on this, my next PJ Harvey purchase.

Thanks!