Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@millercarbon,

I have an ongoing thread since I bought the Rock 7. Been so long since I posted to it, can’t remember the title.

Anyway, I’d been disappointed with the Merlin DC power supply. I believe it’s another version that converts AC to DC then back to AC. The motor is an AC unit. Anyway it always ran fast.

If I can get this package set up correctly, I’ll have more control over pitch/speed than just moving the motor.

Arrivals, 

Colter Wall "Imaginary Appalachia" 

(2020/Thirty tigers/45 rpm)

Ryan Adams "Big Colors"

(Pax-Am/2022)

The Flying Burrito Bros "Burrito Deluxe" Intervention Records
Highly Recommended!!!

Up next is the Calling Cadence lp. I only read about it from the email ad from Elusive Disc. Sounded appealing.

Now dry and out of the Vibrato, the vinyl feels nice but isn’t solid black. sort of a milky black that hasn’t been mixed well.

Side one. Similar to later MFSL pressings with thicker vinyl, you need to turn up the volume to get the correct listening setting on this record. The soundstage, in my room, doesn’t go wider than the outer edge of my speakers. The presentation seems more forward than I’m use to.

Side two. The vinyl is a tiny bit ticky. Could be the lack of a good mix?? haha??

Something is bothering me about how the engineers mixed the album, humm. This record just doesn’t blow me away.

There are a few good songs that oddly remind me of Trigger Hippy vibe.... 

I wouldn't buy this record now if I had that initial choice back.

In this week:

Gillian Welch "Boots No. 2"  3 lp box set/Acony/2020
Valerie June "The Moon & Stars:" (Prescriptions For Dreamers) Fantasy/2021
Blake Mills "Mutable Set"  Verve/2020
Chuck Prophet "Brother Aldo"  Fire Records/1990. 
(a Discogs purchase from Greece)
Guys,

It's been a while since I compared SD "CBAT" lps. I own the Speakers Corner as well as one or two others. I don't remember the Speakers Corner blowing my socks off.

The Delines "The Imperial"

2019/El Cortez Records/Deluxe version with 7"/45

I' came across this band several years ago but no easy to find vinyl. Now, hell yeah! A new favorite band o' mine.

Arrived today,

Ella & Louis "S/T" /AP 45rpm 

The Butterfield Blues Band "East-West"

(Speakers Corner) 

Delaney & Bonnie & Friends "To Bonnie From Delaney" 

(Speakers Corner)

Liz Story "Solid Colors" Windham Hill Records/1982/1/2 speed.

Gonna play it through, however, will return it as it isn't as described.

My local audio buddy came over to mow my lawn today. 👌👌 

Well, he's more.... a true friend.

Chuck Prophet "Brother Aldo"
I’m a fan.....

On "Scarecrow", Chuck's guitar and playing is sounding eerily similar to Richard Thompson.
@mammouthguy54,

It's odd that we all gush over "The Nightfly" even though it's the first digital recording.
Hey @nicks25,

Hope your shoulder has mended. Are the new components broken in yet?
Birdy "S/T".

Just read the post on Audio Asylum regarding how Equasound was started.
The crossovers were encased in plastic for secrecy.
Glad to hear you liked the Sophia Pfister, Joel. Looking forward to mine which is on next.
I own several copies of Dire Straits "S/T" lp. I came to believe it was sorta dark sounding by comparison. Yes. But this MFSL/45rpm copy has alleviated that montra. This copy sounds so F...in' great!