Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@tomic601 ,

"Too Long in the Wasteland" is an imperfect but enjoyable record. I think the praise it received years ago wouldn't happen these days. I'm referring to SQ.

It's a digital recording and it lacks soul. The content is wonderful.

Natalie Merchant "Paradise There" ( The New Tigerlily Recordings)

If you're searching for more Natalie on vinyl.......

I own "Tigerlily" MFSL

I think this version sounds at least as good, probably better. Posted about it years ago.
This configuration serves higher volume levels well. Of course, sub settings will make a difference.
Well, just made a switch...I promised to compare some of my "footers" a couple years ago.

At that time Kevin started a thread on ceramic cones.

I’ve been using Stillpoints in my system in addition to the spring systems I’ve made.

I just swapped the Stillpoints Minis (4) under my Trio with (3) Golden Sound cones.

Listening to the same album at the same volume, there is less bass boom while the bass seems less exaggerated.

Of course, this is on my righteous wall decoupling system, and the Trio is on an extra BDR Shelf.

I think I like it this way. We’ll see.
......"it was said, that when the paramedics got there,
Freebird was playing on the stereo,
You know, it's a very..long song"....

Drive-By Truckers
Frankly, from memory, using 3 MyMats on the Brandi Carlisle lp, the overall SQ is smoother, the bass is more integrated without being overdone.

James, 

Saw that Covet lp, caught my attention. Give us your thoughts.

@bdp24,

Your response kind of surprises me. I have the "Couldn’t Stand The Weather" UD1S arriving on Sat.

I was surprised to read my Beatles Mono box is selling for over a grand now!

I think those who are more well heeled, do buy these pressings for later sale at a profit.
I hate to rain on anyone’s parade but regarding The Who "Live @ Leeds" 3 lp re-master. There are two re-mastered versions of these. One is by Universal from 2017, the other is the latest  German pressing re-mastered at Abbey Road. The later is $9.00 more.

I had this on my radar when I first saw it and it fell off. I just ordered the later version.
I'm happy with the system changes I made a few days ago involving rearranging isolation products.
Easily heard as dark, and dynamically deficient.

Maybe I can put my Classic up for auction?
Tom,

Looking at Discogs, there was an Abbey Road, 1/2 speed re-master in 2016 on the Back to Black series. Apparently there’s been more than two, 3 lp re-masters. My Back to Black lps all sound very good.
Let’s compare pressing notes when I receive my copy.
I passed on the Santana because I had previously bought in to all the other reissues. Common’!

I will say that of the 4 UD1S titles I do own, they are vastly superior to previous copies.

I now have to include, Patricia Barber "Cafe Blue" Impex. Sounds vastly superior to my 33/45rpm MFSL pressings 
I have been seriously considering the Doors 45 rpm versions but I just know Chad will put them out on his one step version.
Count Basie "On My Way & Shoutin’ Again" mono/Verve/1962
Another disappointing lp ordered off Discogs....for VG+ lp & cover.
Did a deep clean, we’ll see?
Tom,

The thread (johnto) started was inquiring about the Abbey Road half- speed re-master. Since I've had great luck with all AB re-masters, that's the one I ordered.
I thought you had turned in Jim....

Investing in yet one more copy of Tapestry would be a stretch for me since I own the Classic Records version already.
With all of the "Tapestry" talk, I'm putting on my Classic Records copy.
Just checked for the vinyl, didn’t see it James.

Been waiting for the promised "Revelator" on vinyl for years......