slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Just arrived,

Eva Cassidy "Live @ Blues Alley"

25th Anniversary/dbl lp/45rpm

Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"

UHQR/AP

Neil Young & Crazy Horse "Barn"

For those of you who pre-ordered or are interested......"Tapestry" UD1S is shipping now.

@bkeske Brian,

Joni is releasing lps from her archives. I mentioned the "Live @ Canterbury House _ 1967" a while back. It's a wonderful three lp set presented beautifully.

Just noticed a dbl lp available with second lp being acoustic. Wasn’t aware when I pre-ordered mine. If I remember correctly,  the Crooked Still lp has great SQ as well.

Ray LaMontagne "Trouble"
2008/Sony/RCA/Legacy
Mixed,Recorded,Produced by Ethan Johns
The Nude Party "S/T"

"I don’t need your love
I just need my records"

Fun, enjoyable!

Regarding, "On Every Street", I understand Greg saying that it’s "a little uneven", I think he means the songs seem to have little to no common thread/feeling. Having said that, I really like the album.

Got in Mazzy Star "She Hangs Brightly" . Hope to get to play it this weekend.
Good to be back Brian. It was very difficult being available to listen but not able to......
Power's back on after 13 hours in the dark. Will join you all around 10:00 to give my subs and amp a little time to warm up.
After side one...
this Mazzy lp seems to be slightly more rockin’?..... sometimes sounding phsycadellic...? Not as the slow introspective that I’m use to. This pressing will benefit from a deep clean tomorrow. Oh yeah, it is tomorrow....
later today.
The Redd Kross lp reminds me of The Vines in the song structure and the bands' intensity....very similar. SQ is a little less clear but maybe I shouldn't be judging that since the amps haven't reached optimum thermal temp yet.
Mazzy Star "She Hangs Brightly"
(Originally on Rough Trade in 1990)
Plain Recordings 2015
Freshly US cleaned just unsealed/first listen
The Donnas "Spend the Night" from the excellent ROG label.
First time on vinyl.
Bush "Sixteen Stone" Trauma Records/Interscope Records/1994/95
German Pressing/OP
Well Jim, what did you think of "Motherland" after comparing? I guess the SOTA hasn't really had a chance to break-in yet.

How do you like the latest My Morning Jacket, @sbank  Spencer? I think it's up there with their best!