For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Gregory Alan Isakov "The Weatherman" after it’s much deserved deep clean.

What a difference a deep clean can make....
I know this may shock you,

Earl Wild
Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 2
Jascha Horenstein conducting,
The Royal Philharmonic

Chesky Records

Bought this over 30 years ago, just deep cleaned.....

Recent arrivals,

Santana "Caravanserai"

Speakers Corner

Colvin & Earle "S/T"

2016/Fantasy/produced by Buddy Miller 

The Beau Brummels "Vol 2" "Vol 3"

1981 & 1983 /Line Records/Germany/pp

Puttin' on the 3rd lp of Prince Live, got a quiche Lorraine in the oven. Life is good. Gathering my thoughts.

That was one of my issues in the beginning. Wanting to put more cleaner than I needed. I had very good results with just distilled water.

Joel,

Is your copy of Raise the Roof noisy at all? Mine is between tracks

Love "Forever Change"
45th Anniversary / Rhino/Chris Bellman
SQ is fantastic!
My mini review of the Prince "Sign O The Times" Super Deluxe Box Set

Includes 13 lps, a DVD, and a 120 page book.

My feeling about Prince as an artist is that he was a genius. Although he was kind of shy, he seemed to be an intellectual and a caring person. His feelings were drenched into his music.

This entire box set is on high quality vinyl, pressed on center (a rarity these days). The only lp that was not flat was lp 2 of the live record.

The first lp: I noticed the mix was heavy handed to the right. On side 2, this seemed to become less of an issue.

Going forward...to the Live lp... I was noticing the lack of deep bass on the bass drum and bass guitar. I’m not sure why but it felt like Prince wanted the focus to be on him. Sheila E on drums....I didn’t realize until over a year ago that she is related to Alejandro Escovedo, hence (E).
She can rock out when called upon. Sometimes the drum kit sounds electronic except when she is doing her solos.

Being a live lp, noticeable was the crowd noise relegated to a minimum. This is a let down for me as I want to hear the crowd reaction and how the musicions feed off it. This may have been the biggest let down for me on the live album.

Overall, the recording quality is great and consistent. I bought my sealed copy as a scratch and dent. It had a corner dent that’s not very noticeable for 20% off.

Taking in a 13 lp set is quite an undertaking and enjoyable when one is a music lover. Don't you youngsters try this without parental supervision....

I have a frozen syringe of the PPT I need to use. Just need to self-motivate.
Well, I was reintroduced to Vinyl Me Please by @waltersalas . Thanks!

They find great music, remaster, then send to trusted pressing plants.

Thinking hard about becoming a member.
For those you who have been on the fence regarding a US cleaner...... it’s a no-brainer. It will bring you closer to the artist/music.

I have almost a decade of experience with them. Started with the Audio Desk then moved down to a Chinese tank, then a DIY filtering system. Now very happy with my Vibrato w/ my filtering system.
Just looked on Discogs for "Grace & Lies". Sealed copies available from the US, shipped for under $15. Amazon wants $40 shipped.

Sorry @bkeske, Brian I left you out.
Family Band "Grace & Lies" Always loved this album.
Recommended!

@spiritofradio, @tomic601, @boxer12, @big_greg, @noromance, ......I think you all would really like this one
Pink Floyd "Meddle"
One of my two UK/Harvest versions.

I sold my MFSL copy years ago because one of these sounded better.
@big_greg,

I know you've not seemed to want to try a MyMat.....,but I think you'd be thankful if you did.

Low stock, would like friends to enjoy this before it's gone.

Steve
I think I remember that Donny performed at least a couple of theme songs for TV shows, one of them being "Maude".
Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women 
Just did a loong/slooow US clean.
Love it!