For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

From the Prince "Sign O The Times" Super Deluxe box set.. "Singles &  Mixes & Edits"
What’s cool about the SOTA Eclipse (package) is no more tedious weekly manual speed adjustments per the ADS. Additionally, it provides a (soft start) which provides less stress on the belt.

The improved SQ isn’t lost on me either.

Will probably order an Origin Live belt soon.

Thanks to Bill @Phoenix Engineering for his helpfullness with all of my questions.

BTW, my system is much quieter because of the help I received for grounding.
When your system is quiet... you’re on another level.!

May not notice until the noise is gone.
....."it just seems useless to work so hard and nothing ever seems to come from it".....

T Petty
According to the seller, he said the SOTA package had 10 hours on it. ( I may be able to check if it’s made after a certain serial #). The serial # stickers had been removed. Hum?

Anyway, besides being quiet, the overall presentation has more soul. Me likey!
Have I mentioned all these Prince songs sound great so far, quiet vinyl!

Amos Lee "My New Moon"

2018/Dualtone  

Flag Day soundtrack is highly recommended!

I have that RR lp. I don't remember being a big fan of it. Will revisit it when I get back to listening.

James,

For some reason, watching Steven Wilsons' unbagging, I had a feeling he was going to pull out "Sign O The Times".

Hey @puffball08 ,

Missed that one at the last RSD I attended a few years ago but bought it at a record show later for a slight premium.

The first two White Stripes lps remastered from original tapes at BG mastering soon. I ordered the debut as I had recently found their second as a 1st pressing

Bill, I love Grand Funk. Never heard of that label and don't know the particulars of the remastering or I'd be very interested. 

Daniel, I believe it's decent. I'd need to listen again after so long since I heard it. I liked all of the other recent PF remasters.

Listening to side one, what strikes me is.
there is the dynamics when called for yet there is also a sense of mellowness otherwise.

Side two up next.....
@waltersalas,

Thanks for reminding me of "Rainy Day Music"...always been a favorite of mine. Up now.
@mammothguy54,

That JM sounds like it would be great!

cal3713,

I’ve read that Prince lp is great. Thanks for reminding me.