Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@reubent,

Your evaluation of Supertramp seemed more dramatic than my experience with Shawn.

I’d recommend some speed evaluating tools. Not to be snide, these tools will be more investment that your tt.

These audible differences are much more noticeable when one moves up the upgrade path.

Steve
Tony Joe White "Polk Salad Annie"  50th Anniversary/YepRoc/45rpm

This song had a big influence on me in my formative years
My treasured Vibrato is on it's way back to me. Can't thank Louis enough.
@simao ,

I love "Steady On" !!!!! Yeah I knew that she sang on "Solitude Standing" lp.

@spiritofradio,

I suggest you email Louis and ask him about it. Tell him you're interested. IME, he just orders enough materials to make three at a time.

Nice Brian! Look forward to reading of your impressions of it. 

What....no more captcha?

Arrived today from Plaid Room,

"Flag Day" Original Soundtrack/2021/Republic Records/ Germany

(feat. Eddie Vedder, Olivia Vedder, Glen Hansard, Cat Power) 

The Dave Clark Five "Glad All Over"

2021/BMG/Remastered from original tapes 

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers "First Flight to Tokyo" 

2021/Blue Note

Hope you enjoy Jim.

@boxer12, Tim sent me a dedicated phono cable this week. Will start listening to that one tomorrow probably.

Got in two of the inexpensive schuman generators off of ebay to try. I hope it's as interesting as I think it will be?

Hey @mckinneymike ,

I got my copy of Amythyst Kiah "Wary + Strange" in recently, (thanks to you). Have you had a chance to listen to the vinyl yet? Noticed it is mastered by Bob Ludwig.

Really missing my listening sessions. Got a few upgrades in the works when I get back to it. New Origin Live belt for my VPI (HRX pulley). Townshend Podiums and Pods on the way..........

Just arrived, know nothing about her, a shot in the dark. 

Molly Tuttle & The Golden Highway "Crooked Tree" 

2022/Nonesuch 

Produced by Jerry Douglas 

Highly enjoying this The Nude Party lp!

A late 60s Rock/top 40's throw back with a Lou Reed twist.
Just did a quick unplug/replug of the Shummans, confirmed my original thought.
Finished US cleaning two brand new lps from my recently gone over Vibrato. First up is The Nude Party "S/T". I own their 2nd lp and liked the music but the sonics were wanting. Let's see how this one goes.
@tomic601 ,

Plugged in my two 7.83 HZ Shumann Ultra Low Frequency Pulse Generators. Total cost for these plus two USB chargers, two 3ft USB extension cables = under $35.00.

Instantly noticeable was the center stage seemed not as up front and there is an ease of the entire presentation. No decrease in resolution or dynamics. Put 4 small pieces of Blu-Tack on each corner and mounted to the top of my Ushers. Recommended mounting height is 5’.

I already use similar products to good effect... Synergistic FEQ and Bybee iQSE.
"Daybreaker" is my favorite Beth Orton lp. My copy is on Parlophone/EU/2002/
James, I’m thinking about placing several around the house? Seriously.

Unless I'm not understanding your post correctly, sounds like you're using some version?
Cool box set Jim. Let me know when you do that, as I want to note if I sleep better that night.
Thanks @reubent ,

I own a pp and it sounds superb.One of John's best IMO.
"You Don't Own Me Anymore".

I got caught up on The Secret Sisters late this year. As much as I love "Saturn Return", I highly recommend this lp!
Jim, You’re losing me with all the tech talk. I’m very old school, everything by listening.

When I read about things that make sense to me,....I'm willing to try. Not scientific at all but so far in this hobby I've a descent track record and feel I've spent money wisely.
Bought this on a whim..Dean Peer "Airborne" sealed
Has the Cardas symbol on the jacket.

Reminds me of Steve Morse

Thanks to Tim for turning me on to it Bill.

It’s really a demo worthy lp.