Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@reubent,

I bought all of the MFSL Patricia Barber 33 & 45rpm until "Verse", I do have the Cole Porter as well. I played the heck out of them at the time.

Listening to "Companion" 45rpm again was a new experience with the Noteworthy Audio cable as my phono cable. (Tim is going to send me a dedicated phono cable to try). It’s on another level of openness. Percussion is fantastic! This cable does everything well. 

BTW, I'm over the 50 hour mark now.
Dan Auerbach "Keep it Hid" 

The lower frequency representation on this lp is pretty remarkable.

It's a very enjoyable movie Tom. Casting and acting are great. 

Best wishes for your aunt Jim. 

Just got in some N-95 masks.

Willie Nelson "Red Headed Stranger" Impex. Remarkable!

Again, I always thought this was a demo disc, now with the Noteworthy Audio IC, a whole new perspective.

Willie’s guitar is brought forth with amazing clarity. His vocals are as well.

If your cartridge isn't set up correctly, this lp will let you know it 
FWIW, (my brief ERS tape venture).

I ’ve has great success in wrapping the PC ( one turn) on each end feeding my Hydras that are daisy chained to another Hydra. When I tried both ends of the PC connecting the additional Hydra, I noticed a dullness, so just taping the input end there now.

Using the tape on the input end on the tt and amp to good effect.

This is turning out to be a great/cheap tweak. Gonna order some more while  www.partsconnexion.com  is offering free shipping.
Was just reading a little about Mark Kozelic (red house painters, son kill moon, etc...)...he was the bass player in Stillwater in the movie Almost Famous.
Need to watch that again.
Sold my Usher BE-718s so went wild on Black Friday week. More arriving soon.

American Aquarium "Things Change"
Howe Gelb "The Coincidentalist"
Jason Isbell @ The 400 Unit "LiveT@ The Twist & Shout"
John Hiatt "Terms of My Surrender" 
John Hiatt "Same Old Man"
John Hiatt "The Open Road"
John Hiatt and The Goners" Beneath This Gruff Exterior" ( BF limited run on grey vinyl)
Rodney Crowell "Tarpaper Sky"
Randall Bramblett "Devil Music"
The Nude Party "S/T"
The Secret Sisters "You Don't Own Me Anymore"
M Ward "Wasteland Companion"
Eric Bachman "No Recover"
Red Kross "Beyond the Door"
The Mountain Goats "In League With Dragons"
The Dirty Knobs "Wreckless Abandon"
Clem Snide "Forever Just Beyond"

I mistakenly referred to the ERS tape as ESR last weekend. Sorry for any confusion. I ordered 10 more feet.
Listening to the John Hiatt earlier, I’m hearing John’s voice much more intimately than ever before. Much better midrange.

On this Buddy/Julie Miller, it’s a similar finding with more expressive low bass.

The difference, the Noteworthy Audio IC.
It’s great @reubent! You just missed New West big sale. Thanks to @bdp24 for this one.
@tomic601 ,

"Tarpaper Sky" is wonderful. I haven’t been a follower of his entire career, but I’d say this is one of his best later works.

Very enjoyable!
James,

You turned me on to BLH a while back.

I own "Rough Mix" on a US press and Classic Records. The US press trounces the Classic.
I think I could spend one day listening, thinking about the two Mountain Goats lps I own. then writing a paper describing why Iove the band.