Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Phish "Story of the Ghost"

I think my copy is an OP. I know these were (maybe still are) going for big bucks. It was re-issued not very long ago, don't know if that affected originals' value or not.
I recently ordered Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" 45rpm for $50. ( Got a 15 % discount, so subtract $7.50) I know it’s been repressed but likely much better than my 33 rpm version that came out originally both at the same time.

Keep seeing the original 45 rpm going for $90 on several sites. Figured, get it while I can.
I concur with your justifications @mammothguy54. Here’s another one, while I don’t presume to say stop going to live shows ( we’re now forced to mostly), I can always hear the band I want anytime without spending $35 on up for a one time experience.
Birdy "S/T" 

Listening to this lp was an emotional experience for me years ago.

@boxer12,

Saw on All-Music that Calexico has a holiday lp out..."Seasonal Shift". That should be interesting?

"Algiers"
This is a great time for lp lovers!

I focus more on new music I like on vinyl as it will probably never be available again for the most part. The classic stuff will always be there, although at an ever increasing cost.
Get this guy's, I bought a scooter years ago during the $4.00 + gas hike so I could afford my music/stereo addiction.

It paid for itself in 4 years 
Regarding concerts in the Covid age.....
I read Gov't Mule has their last one of the year outside. You pay for an 8x8 space. Pretty cool.
Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter " Like, Love & Lust & The Open Halls of the Soul" 

Woosh...that's one long title!

Hey Daniel, 

I see Galaxie 500 on your playlist. Have you heard Dean Wareham's latest solo lp?

Glad you liked it Greg. On my Classic 3 it made it totally quiet which translates into clearer sound.
I watched Danny Ritchie’s (GR Research) video about his speaker cable kit. He uses ESR paper on the ends. He says it’s important to use just enough or SQ will falter.

I have some ESR 1" tape. I wrapped each end of my DIY PC feeding my Hydra 8, one turn, around the connector.. Instantly, noise level dropped.

Will most likely wrap all cables in my system.  I can imagine taping the inside of all my electrical outlet boxes.
Big Head Todd & The Monsters "Statagem". On Giant records  This was actually a HP recommend lp. Why???

Remember talking about the Steely Dan lp only available on vinyl from Giant? Two Against Nature. I own it!
Wrapped the Shunyata Anaconda Helix PC that powers my   V-RAY.  Can you say alright!
Thanks @tomic601 ,

Just saying it's Noteworthy that I'm getting better sound.

I agree, Tim's company' name is cool. So far it's deserving of that name!
Grand Funk Railroad "We’re an American Band"

No glasses, a very nice re-issue.

Liz Stringer "First Time Really Feeling" 

Playing 1st lp in over 3 months.....