For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Don't forget the Roxy Music "Country Life" UK cover that wasn't available in the US.

A recent arrival, 

Joanne Shaw Taylor "The Blues Album" 

That one's on my list Spencer.

@mammothguy54,

Blind Faith remastered Abbey Road is a fine sounding disc.
I own three A B "Live at Fillmore East", a brown Capricorn that was put in the "to sell pile" long ago, The Classic Records & a pink label Capricorn. It's been a while but I think I liked both in their own different ways.

My only "Eat a Peach" is the Abbey Road 1/2 speed from a few years ago. The louder you turn it up, the better it sounds.
Got these in this week so far....

Hans Theessink & Terry Evans "Delta Time"  feat. Ry Cooder
Fruit Bats  "Siamese Dream"
James Taylor  "American Standard"
Ten Years After  "Stonehenge"
Canned Heat  "S/T"
The Fruit Bats "Siamese Dream".

I found this website www.turntablekitchen.com a while back and noticed they had the above lp for sale. Had to order it. I came to realize that they are a record label.

Since then, I’ve noticed that more labels are offering well known bands, reimagining well known/great past lps. I assume this is a new way to help bands financially.

Yep Roc, Jealous Butcher are a couple more labels doing this.

A great idea!
"Wallflower" is somewhat muffled but still enjoyable partly due to the great selection of songs she covers.
@spiritofradio,

I always thought Dido & Beth Orton sounded similar. How would you compare them to the last album you posted?
I was completely surprised at the EX/SQ of the Fruit Bats cover of Siamese Dream.
The Rosebuds "Loud Planes Fly Low"

I had the same response from Friday Music when I inquired about Grand Funk "Live". 

Of the albums I received this week, I've been mostly looking forward to....

Hans Theessink & Terry Evans "Delta Time" feat. Ry Cooder
Found this sealed/Blue Groove/German Pressing/2012.
In the Vibrato now.

The other two albums:
Ten Years After "Stonehenge" & Canned Heat "S/T" are Sundazed remasters from the original mono tapes. Will probably wait till I mount the Cadenza mono again.
Interesting James. I want to say I've heard of Runt but might be confusing it with Grunt, (Hot Tuna)
Well "English Oceans" , while not perfect, ended up being an enjoyable lp. First side is muffled/muddy compared to the rest. All in all, a great effort.
Drive-by-Truckers "English Oceans".
If memory serves, this is a good album but not so good SQ.
@bkeske,  Brian
The original monos are not cheap so I find these current remasters from the original tapes to be a good value.
I’ve changed my cleaning regemin somewhat in that instead of doing the pre-steam always, I now just US clean new records first, then if I find a need to go further, I’ll do the ’deep clean’.

The "Delta Time" lp is very dynamic! Still has some quiet ticks every now and then. I believe a steam will remove this.

BTW, "Down in Mississippi" on this lp, is such a different take compared to Terry’s version on "Puttin’ it Down".

Blues meets gospel.

Seek this one out!
Jim,

I thought (briefly) about buying the MFSL "Flag" but my WLP sounds SO good, I’m saving the money for others.
Aimee Mann "31 Today"  7"/45rpm

I bought this years ago because it was the only (vinyl) available from "#@%&*! Smilers". Still true today!
Hey Brian,

Speaking of Mott the Hoople, they do a tasty cover of "Sweet Jane".