For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

My James Taylor "American Standard" dbl lp/45 rpm finally shipped...ordered in March.

@mammothguy54,

I always likes that Thompson Twins lp as well. Digital recording, somewhat strident but still enjoy it.
I buy any newly released Eels albums without hearing them, so when I first listened to "Cautionary Tales...." (BTW, it's the deluxe edition with a bonus lp), I was really caught off guard when the very last song started playing. It was "Oh Well". It's really a very cool version.
Finishing up Eels "The Cautionary Tales of Mark Oliver Everett" from Sunday. (Sides 2, 3 & 4)
Watched Sierra Hull and Marty Stuart on an episode of an audiencless Grand Old Opry last evening. Sierra has one beautiful voice!
Interesting.... "Dorsey the Mail - Carrying Dog" from "The Ballad of Calico" /1972..... sounds eerily similar to "When I’m 64", from "Sgt. Peppers....."1967
Kenny Rogers & TFE "The Ballad of Calico". This is Kenny's equivalent to "Tommy".

Gonna maximize my listening time vs household 

Got a yard of mulch in my truck as a reminder of things to do 

Hey @ mammothguy54,

Sometimes those record club lps are worth a lot.

My SV "Tommy" sounded great!

I had two extra Bybee iQSEs laying around and had a lightbulb moment... put one in each of my Usher Mini 2 Diamonds’ front slot and the music became more dynamic..............more listening needed! I removed the magnetic covering.
Hey @boxer12,

You have an additional advantage in that you have two MyMats. Big difference in the positive realm.
@bkeske,

A warped lp that can be played without skipping, still sounds better with a MyMat/no clamp/weight.
Not worried at all my friend. I lived with it for 3 years before I offered it as a product. I know exactly what it can do.
Been thinking....... My Classic 3 was listed as Class A in the Stereophile ratings.

With the 3D addition, the Stillpoints feet....... it’s above the Stereophile class A rating. Plus I figured out the StP issue.
Gonna try my hand at building a power cord to run one of my Shunyatas. Been waiting to find connectors that are made for larger diameter cords. Found some through www.partsconnexion.com . The Cardas connectors, not cheap but he gave me 30% off. Gonna use my long in waiting Furutech Alpha Nano Series FP-S55N cable. Should be a simple/easy project. Notice I said (should be).
I was looking for my glasses, then after going through the house, I realized I was wearing them.