Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@noromance ,
I'm drinking again 

I'm still available to solve any analog issues you may have.
Bettye's voice is So clear and precise.... The KLE/MT ICs are becoming.........

@ boxer12,

I have a pp "Story of the Ghost" I noticed, it's available on RSD again.
OK? I posted out of concern.

Sorry to bother you.

I blocked you so there should never be any issues going forward.
@noromance ,

Played my pp US/Pros And Cons recently. SQ was great! No uncensored cover art though.
@johnposh,

Welcome. I cleaned my copy of Eva Cassidy "Songbird" on SAP last weekend but didn’t get around to playing it.
Got these in this week:

Fleetwood Mac "1969 - 1972" box/2013/re-mastered by Chris Bellman from the master tapes. Includes:
"Then Play On" includes a 7" "Oh Well" Part 1 & 2
"KIln House"
"Future Games"
"Bare Trees"

Kennelmus "Folkstone Prism"  Modern Harmonic/1st time since 1971

"Songbird" is such a great lp. My copy is on S&P (Steve Hoffman mastered), not SAP.
BTW, both copies of "Then Play On" sound very good. Probably the exact same.?
Up now, the aforementioned Fleetwood Mac box set.

Funny how things work out sometimes....I had ordered the earlier box set, (being shipped now) and then ran across this sealed box at a great price.

I bought "Then Play On" re-mastered by Chris Bellman a few years ago because I didn’t own it. The downside then was, no "Oh Well". It was only released on their UK lp. Also, my experience in trying to find a nice sounding op of "Future Games" didn't leave me much hope in continuing on that search. Made since to get a re-mastered by a respected guy with the master tapes.

Now on this set, it comes on a seperate 7" disc. I’ve seen "Then Play On" as a dbl lp, including "Oh Well for $50.00 since.

The joys of buying vinyl......
Kiln House / side one..(interesting record for FM)
First song is heavily Elvis influenced, next two songs are The Band influenced, last song is Beatles influenced IMO.
Side two, obviously "Buddy's Song" Buddy Holly influence.

@onhwy61,

Point taken, just describing my first thoughts.
Up now:

"Kiln House" from the box.

@bdp24 recently said this was his favorite so I’m looking forward to it!

BTW, this will be my first time hearing the entire lp. Same for "Bare Trees" up later.
It was readily apparent this version is vastly superior to my copies. Actually one of my personal top FM records.

@drrsutliff ,

You need this one, I believe it's available seperately.
Fleetwood Mac "Oh Well" parts 1& 2 / from the 7"/45rpm in the aforementioned box set. SQ is first rate!
@uberwaltz

Down the road, look at Tim’s website          www.maze-audio.com   he is working on Rega arms, trying to perfect them.

Cool!

When you get your spring situation worked out, I strongly suggest you pull out your two MyMats any use them without any clamp/weight.

I have a third party currently reviewing the MyMats. Will send a link when it’s done.

Steve