For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

One more shout-out Elliot, I almost overlooked Appalachia Rising. Ordered their 3 lps. Thanks!
@uberwaltz,

I/we love you bro, just seems that you make major moves too often. (remember my past emails to you)

It's hard to make a correct move in audio without a constant /basic force from the front-end. IMO, this requires long hours listening to the same components for quite a while.

Take this FWIW to you. It's worth a lot to me.
Hey Uber,

If you run across "Hot August Nights" in your journeys, pick it up. I have the MFSL, love it!

BTW, saw the Avid on your systems page. Very nice!
@tomic601 ,

Your postal clerk just gave you incentive to tell a little white lie.
Tom Petty "An American Treasure’. Never been cleaned per my.....

Put on 6-7?

BTW, this is recommended.
@bkeske,

If they could do it, that would resolve a big issue: an additional component and interconnect.
Then they would have more positive 'user experiences' another motive for them.
@bkeske,

I’d bet Shitt would incorporate a switch in your current unit if you’d send it back.
+1 bkeske,

Try 1/8". I can even tell the difference on my subs by very small increments.

I get the feeling many plop their subs in a corner/s and are done. What a mistake.

I credit the Jim Smith book for my speaker positioning and Pierre Spray (Mapleshade) for my subs positioning.
@bkeske,

My Trio has a mono switch. When I installed my mono cart, it bested that set-up easily. I bet Shitt would build you a piece at your request.
Another thought on the TP Wildflowers pre-order, if one is willing to wait till Labor Day when MusicDirect usually offers a 15%/free shipping, you could catch a better deal.
Sent my Mark Tunis ICs to maze-audio to have new KLE Absolute Harmony RCAs installed. I realized I wasn't going to do it until much cooler weather. Hoping my spare BJC ICs will open up more in a little while.
US cleaning my new to me 10cc "Bloody Tourists" WLP

Puttin' on Quicksilver Messenger Service "Just For Love"  pp
@elliottbnewcombjr,

Got in the three Appalachia Rising lps today. Having broken the seal yet but all look perfect.

The Loreto Theatre is slightly smaller but a similar set-up as my local theatre
carolinatheatre.com Greensboro

Well I'm able to tolerate the BJC ICs for now especially since I'm still using the Duelund phono cable. Can't wait for the return of my MT/KLE ICs.
Buffalo Springfield "S/T" stereo lp/from the 2018 "What’s That Sound" box

Ya"ll need this!
Well, I think I’m finally finding my groove tonight, or (this morning). Thought of and just US cleaned Travis "The Man Who" 20th Anniversary Edition. I don’t think many know of them. Popular across the pond. Fran Healy is the frontman.

Listening to "TMW", the vocals are reminiscent to Radio Head’s Thom Yorke, IMO.

Fran’s solo lp "Wreck Order" is a masterpiece of pop!

Not much vinyl, in fact these are the only two I know of, last time I checked.

Recommended.
"finding my groove"? 

Cowboy Junkies "Whites Off Earth Now" MFSL   yeah!
Vic Chesnutt "West of Rome" RSD

Vic is/was certainly a personal choice, yet a great artist. Even Cowboy Junkies covered his songs on one of their lps.

"WOR" is an awesome album !
Lp-2

It’s a continuation from lp-1, things are sounding very good. I think Eddie got the mixing corrected early in Lp-1 and that really helped.

My main complaint overall is the bass guitar is not as prominent here as it should be and it should be put to the right instead of center.

I listened to Paul BBB "S/T" on Sundazed recently and I really was getting into this recording way more than that studio lp.

I recommend it given all of the known faults.

Now....Santana’s set?