For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Just took a deep breath....ahhhh..............

Alison Krauss "New Favorite"

Wow! I love her!
Thinking forward...I was going to put on Bonnie Light Horseman "S/T" in a few, but after cleaning I saw it needed flattening so, that will be a treat for later. Thanks again @spiritofradio !
Got in a few lps over the week and more to come. Starting off with Sam Phillips "Fan Dance" (ROG) Not very familiar with her work. I know she is the former wife of T Bone Burnett (who produced this one) and she's won a Grammy, and I thought it interesting enough to buy in order to support ROG = Run Out Groove Records who puts out customer voted on titles on vinyl for the first time.
On the Sam Phillips lp.... I can say I've never really heard anything like it. I kinda want to be describe it as experimental? The vinyl/pressing/SQ quality is top notch. Some of the songs are very interesting on first listen, others are kinda "out of the norm'. My first impression.
Well, all my be copies sound good, but my Friday Music is cooking!

This record is on top of my personal list.
@tomic601 ,

I tell you dude, you speak way above my limit of understanding bro...

@bgross,

I love reading of people's memories of their "audio education"! The "Dragon" tt...it was an "auto-correct"  linear tracker...correct?
Thank you @bdp24 for your first hand knowledge of the event and thoughtfulness to include Jim @ myself in your post.

Love you bro!
After Tori, I need a pick-me-up! Lucinda Williams "Live @ The Fillmore" will do the trick.
A. B. Skhy  "Ramblin' On''  MGM/pp

This is my discogs order. So far, so good.
The Police "Ghost in the Machine"

This is a CRC  (Columbia Record Company) version, no bar code. Sounds fantastic!
@puffballO8,

That configuration is counter to my experience. If that works for you, that's all that matters.