For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

diggin' the Santana, but before a new day begins, wanted to make sure I got this timely song out there...

June Tabor "Valentines Day Is Over"

Will come back to GFR...Son Volt "Union' on now after a US cleaning, @ a flattening.
@reubent

I didn’t want to be the one to say that... glad you did!

While honesty is present....

I got rid of some valuable records years ago, with the base line being another tt......I now feel that was a big mistake.
@noromance,

From reading your posts, I'm wondering if the Deccas are forgiving?
Even though the sound stage width isn’t what one would normally expect, the SQ and the performance overwhelms any (minor) issue one may have.

Beth Hart..........such a force of nature!!!
Johnny Cash "The Man Comes Around"  from the American Recordings box-set
@reubent ,

I guess I'll be somewhat responsible for adding to your collection when the Jenny & Johnny arrives?

Currently streaming Orenda Fink "Blue Dream". Thinking about the vinyl.....

Diana Krall "Love Scenes" 

2022/ORG/ 2nd pressing 

my replacement copy 🤞🤞

I just took another chance @discogs on a record rated VG+++. Coming from USA. @uberwaltz, I'd never buy anything graded less than that.
Mercury Rev (Bobby Gentry's) "The Delta Sweete, Revisited" 

freshly cleaned
Speaking of Alice Cooper @uberwaltz, have you heard Goes To Hell? I love it and has amazing SQ.
@tomic601 ,

Organic is the main word I've often used to describe my Trio. I had a friend with a Herron/Delos combo that I was familiar with and I found it to be a little too upfront, slightly unnatural. 
@jamesclarke,

Thanks for mentioning John Moreland has a new record out...I'll be ordering.
Neil Young "Freedom" 1989/Reprise/gold stamped promo

Forgot just how good this album is and how great it sounds!
Screech.....! Heard the stones too many times in the past.

Low "Drums & Guns"
We got around 1 & 1/2" of nature's damping material yesterday, things should be slightly quieter today.

Finishing up the Marc Cohn lp from last week.
@reubent ,

Interesting you mention The Outlaws as I was looking at my David Allan Coe "Rides Again" lp earlier.
Up now Joan Shelley "Electric Ursa"
Don't remember if one of you mentioned her a while back or I ran across her. She is a very talented folk singer who writes her own songs. I have 4 of her lps and some are more enjoyable than others. This one stood out when I auditioned it. Here goes.....
I rarely play the Stones...having said that, I did buy a 2002 ABKCO "Hot Rocks 1964-1971" on clear vinyl that I'll put on now. 
@reubent

It’s been a while but "Rides Again" from memory, is somewhat like 'early' Hank Williams Jr. It’s a fun record.
"Electric Ursa" is a fantastic record!

@tomic601 

You would enjoy based upon your recent posts of Sandy Denny.