Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

The Doors "Morrison Hotel"  German pressing/7559-60675-1/from several years ago
@bdp24 ,

I'm no expert by any means,,,but I think Karen Carpenter's brother, Richard, (who IMO Was/Is a musical genius) developed the multi-tracking along with Chet Atkins
@bdp24 ,

We haven't heard from you in a while..My concern, other than your well being, is that much of the history you have provided us, will become lost.
I HOPE others reading here will understand the history and accuracy of the context of your posts.

Love you, my friend!

Steve
@bdp24,

It's fine to be heard at times, but GREAT to be corrected in the context of
fact based reality!

We can always count on you my brother!
BTW... why in the hell should WE, the buying public have to be concerned with symantics?  If an album is described as being mastered from the master tapes.  Why in the hell should the interested parties have to investigate what is meant by "master tapes"

What in the hell has our discourse come to?
@big_greg,

I have that Roger Waters lp as well. I wasn't very impressed however.
Dire Straits "Communique"" 45rpm/MFSL, steamed, not US cleaned. (yet)

One of my all time favorites!

I think this one will benefit from a deep clean.
You’re welcome @bkeske,  you’ve been a great asset to this thread.
Just finished changing my US water. Gonna settle down to a little listening. Finishing up Lucinda Williams "Good Souls, Better Angels" lp 2
@reubent,

Was the original a UK or a US? If it was a UK, that may be the best option?
Sarah Jarosz "World on the Ground" the pressing was a little noisy, deep cleaned it, hopefully it’ll help

Great album! 

It worked.

Hey @reubent,

www.insound.com
I rarely get emails from them anymore
www.oldies.com
It’s more difficult to find the (great) deals here now.
www.popmarket.com
This one is worth registering with.
Just finished Rush "Rush" as a primer to my omage to Neil......

"Fly By Night"
@uberwaltz,

Are you figuring out how you can explain to your better half the need for another addition to your house for your vinyl addiction?
Patty Griffin "Silver Bell" 2013

"all the strippers think you're odd
but you leave the biggest tips"

"Little God"

I bought it when it came out and it is the worst piece of vinyl/pressing I’ve ever owned. I love the music. Is anyone out there who owns this lp happy with the vinyl quality? Wondering if it would be worth seeking out another?
Jim, The lp has overall, excellent SQ. My (first pressing) was extremely off-center, not only that...the vinyl looked like it was made off waves (pieces of vinyl stitched together. Oh yeah, it be warped. Having said all of that, it is remarkably quiet with great SQ. It's such a great record, I'd love to own a better pressing.
Just relaying mine. In fact, there are plenty of owner’ positive experiences to be found.

When I found out the S2P distance was short by 2mm, I felt obligated to make that known. That is unexcepable. If you want to look it up yourself, look for a thread I started years ago about Vanessa Fernandez, Matt chimed in saying they had now fixed the S2P distance with a new jig. ( Unless he had it deleted) This was because of my experience and pointing it out. I didn’t make many friends doing so but I think greater good was achieved.

".....and that's all I got to say 'bout thayat".............................
Melissa Etheridge "Never Enough" 1992/UK

This is such a great lp/great sounding lp....a perfect candidate for a re-master @45rpm/dbl/lp.
Quicksilver Messenger Service "Just For Love" sealed pp/avocado green label - Capitol

Sounds like a cross between Blind Faith & The Band.
Wow! Both Rush lps sounded great...especially when at the appropriate volume??? BTW, "Fly By Night" was the 2015 Abbey Road re-master.
...................................On to other things...........................
One I've had on order for months came in...you all probably know my affection for Alejandro Escovedo. Well, Run Out Groove just came out with his first record, first time on vinyl.."With These Hands".

I'm hoping it lives up to their (ROG) reputation, ...by that I'm speaking from experience.

John Illsley "Coming Up for Air"

2019/Creek Touring & Records LLP/EU 

Listen to "Wild One" and get ready for some foot tappin'.