Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Los Straitjackets "The Utterly Fantastic & Totally Unbelievable Sound of...."
Hey @reubent, how are the speakers sounding? Have you felt a need to fiddle with positioning?
Courtney Barnett/Kurt Vile "Lotta Sea Lice" 

(just ordered her MTV Unplugged lp off of Bandcamp)
Khruangbin fans... I ordered "Con Todo El Mundo" which upon audition sounds a lot like an extension of "The Universe Smiles Upon You".
Well I got in my (2) Dire Straits MFSL/45rpm lps. Up first is "S/T’. I always thought this one was somewhat dark or compressed by comparison. We’ll see......
The overall dark character of this title still remains. There is a noticeable increase in transient response, increased bass definition, a more meaningful lead guitar in songs like "Water of Love" and a somewhat wider soundstage. All of (these) add up to a more enjoyable listening experience but they don't take the overall dark character of the original recording away. It is probably the best sounding version of this title I own but it did not blow me away.
Welcome @negativetime 
Beth Hart "Screamin' for my Supper"  MOV dbl/lp (a screamin' deal during black friday)
The Rubinoos "From Home"   as far as colored vinyl goes, this lp is THE most striking I've ever seen!
@boxer12 

Thanks for your interest in MyMat. I just sent a PM.
more of "How the West was Won"
Got my Funk Firm FXR back from Maze Audio. Rewired straight through with 38 gauge Audio Note silver/KLE Absolute Harmony RCAs. Wired each channel separately all the way through for better channel separation/lower noise.

Now to send my Dynavector Karats to Peter for rebuilds. Hopefully he can do it.
A couple of months ago, I found a sealed PP of Norman Greenbaum "Spirit in the Sky". I just got in a sealed WLP of "Petaluma" featuring Ry Cooder. Looking forward to that later on.
Lou Reed "Rock ’n’ Roll Heart" another recent one. Sealed pp/Arista. This is my new favorite lp.

@6t5_gto,

I love that record!!!! "Communique"
Never heard of Kayak either uber.
Another I picked up recently....Steppenwolf "Skullduggery" 1976/WLP
Never actually heard this one before but really like Steppenwolf. Their pp lps sound extremely good. So when this Mint looking lp popped up on my radar, I pounced. Finished side one and I can tell you I’m glad I own it. Great SQ. The songs maybe not quite up to their earlier standards but a hell of a rock record!
Sold my MFSL "White Album" yesterday. Paid for 1/3rd of the cost of my UK Blue Box. Very nice!
Up now...Norman Greenbaum "Petaluma".

The album’ name comes from Petaluma, CA, according to the lp jacket, was the largest poultry center and egg basket of the world in the 1920’s.
Moving forward, by way of an insert on this promo lp, "Norman Greenbaum, single-handedly moves to reverse the acid and heavy-metal movements in rock and roll with the power of acoustic instruments and forthright lyrics."

I presume this is a summary of his way of life going forward. BTW, there is included inside the record jacket, several pages of life & times along with drawings of his life on their farm. Kind of cool and rare.

Here we go....................
The last recent acquisition so far.....

ZZ Top "Rio Grande Mud" London/pp

While waiting on that one to US clean....

The Julie Ruin "Run Fast"..........hold on tight....................
Brian,

That’s great brother.

Just curious, does your copy have the glued in pages of inserts?
@6t5_gto,

Just sold my Rush "Permanent Waves" MFSL for $92.00.

MFSL lps are/were a good investment.