For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

spirit, I guess the major goof I continuously do is call my daughter by my little sisters' name. 
I'd rather be called out than, hung out to dry.

I guess a lingering aspect of my latest illness?
Cat Power "Jukebox"
Matador/2008
This is the RTI/dbl/lp

This record is F...ing awesome!!
Gill Landry "S/T"

@spiritofradio mentioned this artist recently and I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit I wasn't aware he was in Old Crow Medicine Show. I decided to start with his first solo record...........
I waited until I heard MD had sold out, then ordered S/T & Communique through AS. Got an email today that they just shipped.
Just finished the Gill Landry lp. Wow! What an exceptional lp! SQ = Awesome, song writing = top notch, record is quiet................... it’s going to be a pleasure looking for more of this artist’ output in the future. This lp is at the top of my growing personal list of "best found music 2019".

Thanks @spiritofradio!
Truth & Salvage Co. "S/T"

I was trying to remember when I ran across this lp and I think I searched it out after seeing them late night on The Sun Sessions. It's highly enjoyable and a really "fresh" sounding country record.
"We got a new song that’s
guaranteed to bring you right down
It’s called..."Don’t Let it Bring you Down"
It starts off slow then kind of fizzles out
altogether."

Neil Young from "4-Way Street"

"This is a really long song folks
and we're going to do it
really slow...."

Neil Young from "4-Way Street"
I like "Run Home Slow"....the more I listen to it the better I like it. I have to say, I didn't have that issue with "Half Mile Harvest" which I feel is the better of the two.
I think I should listen to them back to back next time.
Of Monsters & Men "Fever Dream"

@reubent ,

I guess it’s never a hard and fast rule but we have to go by our own experiences. But since MOV uses digital files, anything originally recorded digitally, won’t be as suseptible to sounding bad or worse. One thing is about MOV, I’m usually impressed with the vinyl quality and pressing quality.

Simply Vinyl wasn’t thought very well of by many end users but the ones I own sound very good. One of them happens to be Tommy.

The Wood Brothers lp ls interesting in the instruments played and how they're played. A lot of stuff going on. The very first time I listened to the first two tracks, I thought I was hearing some distortion.
@spiritofradio,

I haven't heard "Come on up to the House" but based on your recommendation, I'll check it out.

@reubent  

I bought a 7" 45rpm of The Teskey Brothers, no EP.

Got some music in this week that should keep me busy.....

Tony Joe White "Polk Salad Annie" 50th Anniversary 12" Maxi single/2019
Tony Joe White "Swamp Music" Monument Rarities re-mastered by RunOutGroove/3lp/2019
Guy Clark "The Best of the Dualtone Years"  dbl/lp/2017
Beth Hart "Screamin' for my Supper" MOV/dbl/lp/2014
Nirvana "MTV Unplugged in New York" UMe re-mastered dbl/lp/2019
The Rubinoos "From Home" Yep Roc/2019
Los Straightjackets  "The Utterly Fantastic & Totally Unbelievable Sound of...." Craft Recordings/1995
Fat Mattress "S/T"  Atco SD-33-309/Polydor-England/Stereo/sealed

@boxer12,

Thanks for asking. SS is one of the artists that upon immediately hearing him, brings the 60s back clearly. IMO, he's one of the great guitarists/and vocalists of that era. This is a very good record. Stephen wrote most of the songs and Chris Hillman seems to have had a touch more influence on side two. The Classic pressing, (the only one I've owned) is really good. Great transient response, a lively presentation with nice, punchy bass. Listening to it makes me want to search out a WLP for comparison. That's just my nature.

I do need to search out more SS for sure. So much music, so little time/money.
Rory Gallagher "Against the Grain" Chrysalis/green label promo

Some nice slide here, a scorcher!
Stephen Stills "Live" Atlantic/1975/one side acoustic, the other electric

Found this one for 3 bucks, very clean.

A song I’ve mentioned lately, Fred Neil's "Everybody’s Talkin’ at Me" , Stephen performs here.
@reubent ,

I feel uncomfortable asking but is your room treated at all?

Is your pair the Grand Veena BE?

I still own my original pair of Spica TC-50i that are time aligned like the Reference speakers.
Hey boxer, what are your impressions of "Suspiria"?
Joan Shelley "Over & Even"....Check this one out @tomic601