For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

The Who "Live @ Leeds"  Universal/180gr re-issue from over 10 years ago. No real indentifying dates.
@uberwaltz,

Since installing the PPT Omega + Mats,......from yesterday to today (day 4) I’m still hearing improvements. What’s really noticeable today is how quiet lps are. On the face of it, I wonder how this could be? I’ve skimmed through some posts by @atmosphere where he explains that surface noise is caused, some, by pre-amp/phono stage. All I know is what I hear. It’s nice to have a fellow PPT user here to talk with.
@boxer12,

Glad to read your enjoying one of your DIY projects. I've been saying this for years but my new wall mount system should be up in the next month. I had a set back with the planned maple butcher block shelves ( bowing), so I ordered some custom BDR shelves. (their build time is taking a while.)
Listened to "Kerosene Hat" again. Great lp. Highly recommended!
Sarah Shook & The Disarmers "Sidelong"
Thanks @uberwaltz...Have I told you that I love you lately?    ha, ha, ha!

We ...Woooo!
@big_greg,
I can't let this day pass without playin' "Southern Accents", (from the box).

Get it? I got it!
@tomic601 ,

Did someone say "lasagne" ...yes they did! I’m in the middle of my "test" Thanksgiving meal, at the same time on the phone with my son-in-law, begging him to make his scrumptious Champagne/turkey recipe.....

Woah, I got side-tracked..... lasagne, yes, I use to be the (L) king but time has passed.

I’m doing my best to do two (loves) at once.

BTW, I'm turning 61 tomorrow, celebrating by myself today. I kind of doubt I'll be 100% at work tomorrow?
Paul Simon "There Goes Rhymin' Simon"  Sony/Legacy

I have an OP, but today, I chose this one. I've yet to hear a Sony/Legacy re-master that doesn't sound Great!
@tomic601,

I think we are similar in several ways. Glad to get to know you here.

Steve
@tomic601 ,

Did you ever come to any final impressions on the Chord Huei?

Peter Frampton Band "All Blues"
Just had an odd thing happen...looked out the door and there was an unexpected lp there. Opened it up, Special EFX "Slice of Life". I didn't order it, never heard of it. Called Amazon, their masterful help was, change your password/keep the lp.

Any of you ever heard of this lp?
khruangbin "The Universe Smiles Upon You" although most likely digital, highly enjoyable/relaxing jazzy/bluesy  world music. All instrumental.  Actually, it reminds me of a mixture of Peter Green and Santana....that should get your "buy" finger limber!
FWIW @uberwaltz, from what I've read in the past, the Musical Surrounding pre-amps caught my eye more than once. I'm glad to have in this particular thread, all of you, whom I'm getting to know through music that are willing to give their opinions on gear. To me, these opinions carry more weight than the reviewers.

Hands down.
Courtney Barnett "A Sea of Split Peas"  dbl/EP

Saw her earlier this summer. What a joy! A true rocker at heart with her own twist. She's got it! Whatever "it" is.
@jamesclarke,

Glad you're still out there, wish you were participating more regularly like you use to.
No to the EFX lp, that will be at a later date......

Gregg Allman "Southern Blood"  Rounder
Hey, you guys are operating on a much higher plain than me....I just hope I did’t piss anyone off?
@tomic601,

You are certainly included in the "group" of people I'm getting to know here.

@big_greg,

I did not order initially out of fear MD would release a better version, IE:(UD1S) or similar in the future. I've been burned like this several times. However after reading mofimadness thread stating they were sold out, I ordered through Acoustic Sounds "S/T" & "Communique". We'll see if I get them.

Please continue with your reporting.
@spiritofradio,

If you did, I forgot. Going??

BTW, Did you tell us how the Caroline Spence show was?

@tomic601 ,

I’m so sad. I can't even pretend to be a decent N. Korean bot.

"Southern Blood" is such a good record. Miss Gregg.

Roger Waters "Amused to Death" AP
Queen "News of the World" 2015/Abbey Road/half speed

I'm pretty sure I have no need to say "turn it up"!!!!