For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Got all my lps in need of cleaning, finished...time to settle in..........

"Homegrown"

A quiet pressing is just a more immersive experience. Paid up for it but the rewards are worth it!

The laments of an audiophile continue...
"Voodoo Lounge" is a better effort than I remembered. I guess I never really gave it a chance.

Gene Clark "No Other" 4AD/2019
Ain't it funny how music genres use to be limited to one descriptive word, now we need three just to get started.
"Gold Past Life" is easily my favorite Fruit Bats thus far!

Reminds me a lot of M.C.Taylor of Hiss Golden Messenger.

Alternative,folk,rock at it's best!
Up next is The Highwomen lp. Thanks to @jamesclarke for putting me on to it. I'm very familiar with Brandi & Amanda, but haven't heard anything by the other two women.
The Highwomen... reminds me a lot of The Dixie Chicks. (Oh yeah, this is a county album.) The songs are what I'd expect from TDC, not from what I know of Brandi & Amanda!  It all works very well. They (all four) seem to have a connection and seem to be having fun. If you can tell that from listening on your home system, something is going well. The SQ....it's very "analog-y". Compared to my memory of my Dixie Chicks lps, it's not as wide open and transparent yet the warmth and ambience & the solid/deep bass foundation is very appealing. I love them both ways.  I recommend this lp, very enjoyable. I think they'll most likely make one more. BTW, it's produced by Dave Cobb. A name I really don't know but have noticed on several of my lps lately.
@spiritofradio,

Have you heard Hard Working Americans "We're All in This Together"?

Check it out.
I had a copy of the Classic Records 45/rpm/"Aqualung" in house years ago and sent it back because of severe warping.
Up next ....Damien Rice "O"

I first heard a song off of this record years ago. This album was released on lp for the first time, last year. I just got it in recently.
Well, I’d hope the MFSL/dbl/lp would bring much more to the table (ha ha) than my OP. Richard Thompson
Hey Eric, I did not know that. I'm glad that I heard it first from you, my friend. Thank you for the info,
Let's hear it for the HARD WORKING AMERICANS. WOW!

If you don't own it, get it!
Wow @atdavid,

I've always loved "Ingenue". Have the original and the anniversary issue.
The Steven Wilson "Aqualung" can be had for around $12.00 @ www.insound.com. Nice buy! 
@tomic601 ,

I checked Levi out last week. I don’t doubt the reason/movement of your post. They reminded me a lot of Devon Allman, The Royal Southern Brotherhood or another band that I just can’t think of right now. Give me some time..... got it...Hard Working Americans "We’re All in This Together". What a great lp!

These bands that, IMO, sounded similar, kept me from digging deeper. Do you own or have you heard any of these?
@tomic601,

I hope you don’t let me/my posts distract your contributions. WE all come at this from different perspectives. Love you bro.

I'm planning to pull an all-nighter. Got in several lps this week. The Autumn air gives me a renewed faith in the world. I'll celebrate by listening...
The Jimi Hendrix Experience "Purple Box"  1st pressing. 

I remember the price was $55.99. I saw it fluctuate over the years. Now, who knows?

Lp 1
BTW, @boxer12,
I enjoyed the Molina/Johnson lp. The pressing quality isn't as good as most of the Secretly Canadian I own, but still a must have for any Molina fan.
@uberwaltz,
You’ll never be alone here.
Ryan Adams "Heartbreaker" Cooking Vinyl
Glad you're back @big_greg
Grand Funk Railroad  "We're an American Band"   1999/re-master
Recently ordered 6-7 Steve Earle lps directly from New West. All were in great shape, minus one, "Terraplane" which had some ticks/pops on side two. Contacted them and, no questions asked, they sent a replacement (on now).

This leads me to the larger point.....what record labels are still supporting their customers in a great manner? Mostly having to do with lps.

For me, I want to give a shout out to Sub Pop, Merge, Yep Roc, New West.

Neither of these questioned me or wanted me to return the defective record.
opened the front door this morning and this was waiting on me....

Federale "No Justice"  (JBR) Jealous Butcher Records/2019
CCR "S/T" Fantasy/stereo/8382
Had to flatten the above lp....later.
Nikki Sudden........& The Jabobites

Another, never mentioned artist that, IMO, was ahead of his time, died early on.

Playing now "Texas"