For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Well, what I noticed after @uberwaltz announcement was, how many members felt they needed to respond. Why some of those members don't usually post is a question mark? I hope we can move forward in our musical fashion with those members who have now found a voice.
Kacey Musgraves "Golden Hour" 

If you've not heard it,...listen
If you've not bought it....buy
@tomic601 ,

I found a sealed copy of "Thanks I'll Eat It Here" not too long ago.
BSK 3194
The Beatles..... from above.........reminded me of what great song-writers Paul & John were.

Looking at the inner/fold..isn't that picture from the famous roof-top performance?
Hey @uberwaltz,

I was getting ready to call it a music day. Glad you're back. See you all tomorrow sometime.
@uberwaltz,

In addition to the Live lps mentioned yesterday, I own "Secret Samadhi" & ’Throwing Copper". I’ll keep an eye out for "The Answer".
The "White Album" from the UK blue box was, at the same volume level, around 6db louder than the MFSL. In addition, it seemed more integrated, complete. Yes, it was slightly more involving.
The definition of "cool". IMO, "It would be found under the current Webster's as Isaac Hayes. Loved him!
The Barbara Lynn album was great!

Up now..................

The Donnas "Spend the Night"  ROG
Barbara Lynn "The Atlantic Years"
ROG.... A black/female guitarist of great renown. Up next.
SQ,= EX!
Thanks for the link @jamesclarke. I'm gonna order that one without auditioning!
@spiritofradio,

There was a chance for those of us in the audience to meet and greet after the I'm With Her show, but I passed out of fear I'd make a fool of myself. Those three gals are very talented, that's for sure.
@spiritofradio,

I have all Aoife's studio lps, I think. Love her! Saw her in June w/ I'm With Her".

Hey Mitch!
allah-las "Worship the Sun"  (2nd spin)
Hey @tomic601 ,

Do you have the Crooked Still "Shaken By a Low Sound" on lp?
Starting things off with,
Ex Hex "Rips"

Great to see several new posters here, welcome!
In just a bit......my newly unsealed/cleaned Ray Charles/Betty Carter  DCC.
I hope my expectations are met?
Here's my assessment of the Ray Charles lp. I've been very interested in starting a RC collection. This lp popped up recently and the price wasn't too bad so I hit "buy". Hearing this lp isn't the Ray most of us think of, at least for me. The song cycle on this lp follows a formula of Ray & Betty duets, then a swinging/jazz number throughout. The sonics are great and the lp sounds better the higher the volume. For me, Betty's voice is very unusual. If I try to describe it, it is the equivalent of a horn with a muffle in it. Somewhat vague to me as to why Ray chose her unless it was partially because he did not want the female to outshine him? I feel a stronger more pure female vocal would have been the better choice. Maybe it was purely because of his off-soundstage sexual appetite? Listening to "Baby It's Cold Outside" here, it's (is kind of interesting, since there's been much hub-bub about it recently) obvious what Ray's intentions are. I'd love to hear this lp through my tube amps at some point.