Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@dentdog,

I post while listening and will continue to do so because the music is "fresh" in my mind and my thought process is in it's higher mode.
@ boxer12,

HELLO! Remember Jerry's uncle............
Big Star "The Best of..." 45rpm/dbl lp. Comparing, by memory, to my studio BS lps, surprisingly, the bass info is similar, what's changed is the top end is more open/extended. A good thing?...you be the judge.
@tomic601 ,

I love "Little Village"...don't understand the negative comments from others that I hold high.
Alejandro Escovedo "Burn Something Beautiful". patiently waiting for his "debut".
Got these in today.....

allah las "LAS"
allah las "Worship the Sun"
Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter "Marble Son"
Erasure "Wonderland" thanks to @tomic601
A recent acquisition: "Planet England" Robyn Hitchcock/Andy Partridge
EU/2019/10"/33rpm, up now......

A highly imaginative pairing of two artists, that here, sound like they’ve been together their entire careers. Just 4 songs on this 10", but very enjoyable for the die-hard vinyl guys like me.
@6t5-gto,

I agree on "Folk Singer". Mine is the MFSL 33rpm, but it is absolutely one of my favorite records!

I happen to own a Columbia 6 eye/mono/"Someday My Prince Will Come"....one of my favorites by Miles.
@tomic601 ,

I really liked the whole album, sonics were EX, just my pressing was not the best. In order to try and get a 1st pressing, I immediately ordered another from amazon uk.. It's been shipped. We'll see...
@spiritofradio,

That's really nice! The singer reminds me a lot of Glen Hansard.
Erasure "Wonderland" INT

First time ever hearing any of this record. The singer sounds similar to Alison Moyet. SQ is a 10.
Thanks @reubent, the same to you buddy.
@uberwaltz,

I have a lot of similar feelings and have pondered leaving more than once, yet I feel that I do have something to offer and I enjoy a feeling of community that thinks likewise. This is what keeps me going.

"Appear to care" ... I do care, brother.
WOW! "Marble Son" is a hell of an effort!. I have to thank a post by @boxer12, for introducing me to this great artist. This lp is on top of my (newly found) lps of 2019.
I’ve posted before that I’ve never had good experiences with Discogs sellers, and I use mostly ones rated at 100%, never below 95%. They are always overrated. Then they look at my buyer total and see me as inexperienced, without thought of why that may be. I decided to give Discogs another chance with these:

Jesse Sykes @ the Sweet Hereafter " Marble Son" 180gr/dbl lp
Carl Perkins "The Sun Years" UK/box set/coming from the UK

JS is up next...........
The Black Angels "Passover"
@big_greg,

I guess I was expecting your impression on the MFSL "Abbey Road"?
I thought that (this) thread was somehow, immune to the otherworld. I've survived throughout all of the crap. I guess, I hoped others would as well. Come back, brother!
I own "Like, Love & Lust" brother... but "Marble Son" just blows that very good lp away in terms of the quality of the music.
allah-las "Worship the Sun"

I’ve owned their first lp for a few years, since it’s inception. Somehow, as often happens, their output fell aside in the wake of others’. Nick Waterhouse, ( a band member)...whom I’ve kept up with and absolutely love!

I thought it was time to catch up with allah-las. From what I've read, the group formed by their meeting one another, while working at Amoeba Records. The rest is history.
got "White Album" from my NOS never played UK Blue Box in the Vibrato for upcoming comparison. Should be interesting.