Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Will do @boxer12,

Glad to see @spiritofradio back. "Josephine" is a great record!
@noromance ,

How were "Firefly" & "High & Mighty"?
Got these two in this week......

Caroline Spence "Spades & Roses"
Ex Hex "Rips"
Just curious @uberwaltz, @@drrsuliff,

Is this the show that travels the east coast, run by an older couple out to Winston Salem N.C ?
Thanks to @j_damon, up next is my Sony/Legacy copy of "Rhythm of the Saints", freshly cleaned of coarse
I'm thinking?..I do realize that statement isn't the best way to start a conversation..? ..however...here we go...........

Several reasons to skip work...

#1 I thought this was Sunday???

#2 Last week's time change, just caught up with me

#3 It's my birthday, deal with it!

I will thoughtfully consider all options.

(I've US cleaned the Don Henley lps now. Upon closer inspection "TEOTI" lp/1989, surprisingly has no bar code, and happens to have 1A at the beginning of it's index #s in the dead wax on each side. "BTPB" lp/1984, my copy is a RCA Music Club pressing, with bard code. Given these findings, this comparison isn't a great one.)
Took a break to clean the three belts on my Classic 3. It DO make a difference.
@big_greg,

It's funny that I was thinking about that lp this week. Hope the TT works out well.
@j_damon,

Don't worry about. Glad you posted that lp as I need to hear it again soon.
With my copies.........
"BTPB", (the RCA Music Club copy)... it was night and day from side one to side two. Side two was less hot or in your face and actually enjoyable. Side one was way too hot.
"TEOTI" the (1A, no bar code copy)...has an analog type warmth that is most receptive and has easy to follow bass lines. It is consistent from one side to the other. Certainly more enjoyable and a keeper.

Both lps have some really good songs but my favorite, on a purely song biased consideration would be "TEOTI".

I have a record show in a couple of weeks. ?????
Before finishing "Crack Up", feeling the need to rock a little more...thought of this one throughout the week.

Eric Clapton "461 Ocean BLVD" SV. This copy sounds a little bloated/murky but not looking for perfection at the moment. My only copy, will give a good cleaning later.
"461" is such a classic, and it really sounds good. The more the volume is turned up, the better.
@uberwaltz,

I don't remember the store's name but that one sounds like it may be the one I was in 20 some years ago. I still remember the lps I bought there:

Seal "S/T"
The Blue Nile "Hats"
Robin Trower "Live"
The P Simon lp is sounding VERY good. I really can't think of a Sony/Legacy lp I own that doesn't sound great?
"Building the Perfect Beast"

Neither of these had ever been US cleaned. I steamed them both, then listened. Will US clean later. "BTPB" is way more open at the same volume level now. It is recorded hotter as well.
AC/DC "Powerage" from last week, except it has now been US cleaned. Much better, but still doesn’t match the copy from my "Collection" box, which I failed to mention was mastered by George Marino from the original two-track masters. This one lacks the midrange body & ultimate bass punch/energy/"the balls" as Bon Scott might say
Yeah @big_greg, you just can't leave us hangin' like that. What cart are you using?
Fellows...I can't recommend Caroline Spence highly enough. I got in her first lp "Spades & Roses" this week (I recommend you start with this one) and it's fantastic! She is the complete package!
@big_greg,

Yeah, it's probably too soon to make any kind of thoughtful determination. I've read that the Zu version of the Denon is a great one, but as you say, it's used and maybe a mismatch. Keep us posted.
While listening to the IA lp, I noticed distortion on the vocals. Did a cart alignment and the distortion is now, gone...poof.........
Son Volt "Notes of Blue"..... (I think SV is one of my favorite bands)
Got "Union" & "Gob Iron" on order!
I’ve listened to almost all of "Abbey Road" MFSL. It’s such a different musical experience than I usually hear. In a good way.
Up next, the UK Blue Box lp. (By the way, this is it’s first spin, ever.)
Also on Etsy is Ryan who builds perfect copies of the PerMadsen racks.

I've bought from him so I have knowledge.
Link Wray "Live @ The Paradiso" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>One hell of a performance! Talkin' 'bout high energy????
I hope others received as big a laugh as did I, from the previous posts.