For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

I could kick myself for not going to see Jenny & Andrew Bird a couple years ago.
@tomic601 ,

Finished side one of the Procol Harum lp. Lovin' it! It really reminds me of Pink Floyd in the arrangements.

This lp needs a deep clean and flattening , then I'm sure it's a very nice lp to have. Thanks again!
The NGDB lp is recorded hot and just a smidgen thin. The artistry is wonderful. Thanks Jim! 

It's gonna get a deep clean.
Got in a sealed OP/Vanguard/stereo of Country Joe & the Fish "Together" this week. That will be up after my well worn/freshly cleaned/OP  Country Joe & the Fish  "Electric Music for the Mind and Body"
@big_greg,

I own that K C & The Sunshine Band lp and pull it out every once in a while. I'm not ashamed of it.
Hey @noromance ,

Glad you're experiencing enjoyable upgrades.
"Panorama" again after it's first US cleaning. The results are a larger soundstage and punchier, more dynamic presentation. A great lp! It deserves the MFSL treatment.
Lucinda Williams ’This Sweet Old World" 2018. First time listening in a while. I like the record! It's never been US cleaned , so I imagine it will be slightly more open after it is.
Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show "Doctor Hook".  some may file this record into a "circus act", but I say (Hell No). Very well written songs, sung with passion. Roy Halee was involved.
The "Electric Music...." was a copy I bought at a record show very cheap, for experimenting with cleaning methods and to see if I wanted to search out a better copy. It turned out to be a very listenable & enjoyable copy. While not perfect, it was a great investment to show the virtues of record cleaning. It sounds very dynamic. I now want to search for a clean/OP/mono copy as a result.
In memory of Ric...the one that never gets played, The Cars "Panorama". I always thought it was a very good lp. I guess it wasn’t radio friendly.............I find it slightly more intimate yet it really has all of the elements of who they were as a band.
A break from Lucinda for the moment..........

I’m trying to get through some of my long forgotten lps.... Van.Zant "S/T", RCA record club version from 1985. Never been cleaned, looks unplayed. We’ll see.
Can already tell this is going to come off my tt. 80's shlock, going in the "to sell pile". @big_greg, you & I are safe with K C.
Listening to the Lucinda Williams "This Sweet Old World" after the US cleaning, Did remove the "murky quality" I previously heard. Much better!
The Lucinda is sounding Soo much better after the US cleaning.......on sides 3&4 now.
@noromance ,

You’re being too modest.

You’re aware of the records you post.

Different from the norm
The Jesse Sykes lp is one that upon repeated plays, really grows on you.
Sparklehorse "Dark Night of the Soul"
Just held up to a light, my EU copy of "Achtune Baby" and it is translucent like the JVC vinyl.
@uberwaltz,

You got my gander up, when you informed us of your purchase.

"Gander" is a southern phrase....if you're willin', I have all the time in the world.
Discogs seems to be a great resource...for me, I've had little luck in buying lps that were properly graded. On top of that, when communicating to a seller about my concerns, somehow, I'm the "nut" that doesn't get it.