For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Never enjoyed "Fragile" more than now. Gonna order the deluxe version, Monday, if there's any more left?
@tomic601 

Thanks for hanging with me brother. I checked out your system the other day. Very nice!
My John Prine order came in finally. I’ve opened two. Surprisingly on thin vinyl. Both were warped as well. Being cleaned/flattened................
Just opened "Tree of Forgiveness", on thin vinyl but seems to be relatively flat.
Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks" RSD/2019/ The original NY version replica of the ’74 test pressing.

Wonderful!
Got these in this week, so far. Both were sealed pp.

Billy Preston "Music is My Life"
Kenny Rogers & The First Edition "The Ballad of Calico" dbl lp/ sides 1,3 & 4 are (1A). Side 2 is (1B). So I almost got a first edition of First Edition.
uber,

You are ABSOLUTELY correct!

They are from ’south of the border descent’, did not seem to be a problem, as no remorse forthcoming. Believe me, I didn’t let them off the hook, so to speak!!! Took pictures (all documented). Have a loong history.
I think you're taking my posts wrong buddy.

I've long called for an industry standard vinyl formulation. 

( If adding a black pigment affects SQ, I'm against it}

I don't know what the natural color of PVCL is.

I've called for an industry standard. Why would anyone be against this????
uber,

I sent a PM yesterday.....no response.

Hiss Golden Messenger "Poor Moon" Merge/2018 remaster
Anyway, I’m thrilled that you’re having positive results brother!!

If I could be so bold, look for some used Typans.
I own that clear vinyl DF, while it isn't his best output, there are several songs I really like. Never had a problem with the vinyl pressing/quality.
Thanks for responding Uber.

When I used the Copperheads years ago, (actually two of them on my Parasound HCA 3500, required two PCs), I didn’t like them. The Copperhead and the helix cords are totally different designs.
Regarding the conversation about stylus cleaning last evening........important to note that I (and am sure others) rely on a record cleaning regimen. This has great effect on the every day life of a stylus. A few years ago, I use to get black grunge on my Zerodust when using my steaming method and my AudioDesk. Moving forward....I get nothing but the white dust from being in a normal listening environment showing up on the blue-tac.
Well, I’m being very dilligent this 4th, as last year my neighbor had a fireworks extravaganza. I woke up to fireworks debre all over my car/burn marks.
All 3 John Prine records have been cleaned. "In Spite of Ourselves" just went into the ORB. I really wanted to listen to these in the natural chronological progression of their release. It will be a little while longer. Hopefully the phrase "good things come to those who wait" will apply?
Uber,

This topic is well known and previously discussed in the past.

Now, supposedly, it’s no longer an issue.
"In Spite of Ourselves" turned out to be a more country flavored record.
Just cracked the seal on the new Shelby Lynne album. Was totally surprised at her new ’look’. A short spiked hair dew. Giving the middle finger. It’s on CLEAR heavy vinyl.

What’s up with that?! Well, I’ll just have to listen.

In the mean time, Shelby just went from number 1 to number 10 on my speed dial.
Jim,

Since you made us aware Allison was part of the family, I'll defer any comments.
Uber,..
Thanks for your insight.
A topic that is in need of more discussion.

Steve

The new Shelby Lynne record just moved to the next one played. Not because of previous posts, just because it did not need flattening. Here we go............
Think I mentioned "dollar" recently

The Shelby Lynne lp is awesome! Why she chose to have such a hard edge to her "look", I have no idea. SQ is great! No real dieveation from her recent output.
Just another fact , PVC pipe, used for underground/high pressure water lines.
Comes in white and green.
@uberwalz,

Are you a city planner for lack of a better term? Civil Engineer?