What was the most expensive record that you ever bought ?

Not how much you paid, though we could post this too.

My most expensive record is Japanese pro first pressing of Bitches Brew by Miles Davis. It sounds better than any other pressing, though I don't have US test pressing, which might sound better still. I paid, I think, $170 for it including shipping from Japan.

inna

$125 for my holy grail of a rare 180 gram LP of Tower of Power’s 1970 East Bay Grease. Sparkling in the Sand was the cut on the album that’s beyond perfection. I couldn’t tell you what the other songs are because I’ve never listened to them. So yeah, $125 for a 9 minute song. Hey, when it’s good it’s good. 

$350 for a first press, near mint condition of Israeli band Mashina - "Monsters Of Glory." It's been out of print since 1992. Then reissued in 2022 for $30... :-)

Individual records I might’ve paid as much as $100 for a London FFR or a Mercury Living sound. I bought the whole inventory of a record store in 1996 for $300. Something like 10,000 Records I started working in a record store at the age of 11 until I was 27 during that time all my records were free.  

I just ordered my most expensive ever!  Electric Recording Company - The Stooges/Fun House

I have been curious about their records and said what the heck.  

@macg19 ”…Latest tally that decision ended up costing us around $100K.”

Great story, you are a certified audiophile. 😂