What was the first power cable that you noticed a difference in the sound?

I have bought six or seven different power cords, none over $500 and have noticed little or no change in the sound of my system. All the cables are 12 gauge or bigger.  Without talking about cables made with unobtainium, where did you start hear a difference.

Thanks.

128x128curiousjim

Jim I read there are some components, amp and preamp   Dac. Cd players don’t improve on any pc you will connect. They did not explain why?

@tubeguy76 , what's on there is the latest.

Just read the section on the AIR adaption as well.

Unfortunately the app I use to maintain the site does not track when changes are applied, just created date.

Let me know what you think and if have questions just ask.

I'm here to help - steve

I’ve tried numerous power cables from $300 to $2500, I heard no discernible differences in any of them. The only cable that I changed where I heard a difference, was when I changed a cheap, new equipment supplied Toslink cable, with a roughly $65 one. 

"I’ve tried numerous power cables from $300 to $2500,"

- So, what did you do with the numerous power cables from $300 to $2500?

@platypus22

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your comments…

However,  without context it is hard to gain any insight. What are your components and venue. There is a place under your user ID to put photos and identify your components. A bit of context is also helpful to understand the conditions of you observations.

I have also tried numerous after market power cords from $100 to $2,500 and found the lower end to have no impact and the upper ones to have something between excellent improvements that were very nuanced to startling improvement.