What was the first power cable that you noticed a difference in the sound?

I have bought six or seven different power cords, none over $500 and have noticed little or no change in the sound of my system. All the cables are 12 gauge or bigger.  Without talking about cables made with unobtainium, where did you start hear a difference.

Thanks.

128x128curiousjim

Showing 10 responses by jacobsdad2000

@curiousjim In your price range the LessLoss Cmark Prime is $485.00 and was a marked improvement over my Zavfino Majestic Mk III cables that are on sale for $450.00. I also prefer the LessLoss as they are flexible. I upgrade to the Classic entropic for my DAC. 

@magnuman OP is looking at $500.00 and under. Never heard these cables or of them. Interesting. 

@magnuman no I know all about OCC, was referring to this obscure cable manufacturer you speak so highly of. 

Not sure why all my post stating facts were removed by the moderators. No offensive language, no name calling just facts. Oh well. 

@ditusa -5000 but you have 4 dedicated circuits for that 40+ year old gear. Funny. 

@ditusa I find your post curious and it seems to be the modus operandi around this forum. Have seen this several times twice now with me and a couple times accusing another person of using an alias (to wit we all do on this forum). What is interesting is that one bears false witness if

A. one party disagrees.

B. The accused makes a valid counter point.

As I did in that your equipment is 40 years old and would not benefit from an upgrade to a $40.00 power cable, even in its finest day. You make this accusation based on me researching an old post in the archives on OCC wire where I found this Uribe19 with intimate knowledge of Neotech, the process and that Uribe19 like @magnuman both live in Vancouver BC, Canada. They also have the same behaviours in calling people stupid, dumb and ignorant in their posts. So this makes me all those people you claim. No more so than it makes you a Republican, Al Anon follower that is an ANti Vaxxer and a Xenophobe.

You can think what you like of me but do not accuse me of being someone else as I am Jacob’s Father and If I were inclined could make false allegations against you that would be to easy.

Also I will not be running to the moderators like some, I know I can take you down with my words, you have proven that.

Respectfully

Steve Snyder.

Rapid City, South Dakota.