What to do with dead equipment

Hi - I have a Balanced Audio Technologies VK-5i preamp that has been giving me problems.  Intermittent hum left channel.  I sent it to their repair service and it was re-tubed.  Problem continued.  They ghosted me.  Today upon powering up the preamp made a loud "pop" and blew the left channel of my Balanced Audio Technologies VK-500 amp.  It's not the fuse.  This stuff worked great for 25 years. But now I'm so done with money for repairs.  What do I do with this broken stuff?  I'm ready to find a metal recycler or just a land fill.......

olyaudio

Contact the head BAT, Victor Khomenko over at the Audio Asylum. He is very active there and should be able to help you.

Thank you.  When my preamp started acting up again, after re-tubing, I tried to reach him via email several times.  He never responded.  I'll try again.

As a last resort, Staples office supply will take electronics off your hands for no charge.

Sell it for parts cheapish or get it fixed. There is probably an audio tech near you that knows his sh.t. It’s not rocket science so doesn’t necessarily need to be the manufacturer that fixes it. Don’t throw it away unless you like to throw away money.