What the Best Dac have you heard or owned. How could you tell it was that good.

I wondered what’s the best sounding dac you have heard or owned. What did it do that the others didn’t. 

calvinj

I use my apple dongle DAC more than any other, definitely the shortest signal path and mobile, it’s perfect.  

The most satisfying and lifelike DAC that I’ve heard is the Chord Dave with a Chord Hugo M Scaler using Nick Bacon’s WAVE High Fidelity Storm BNC cables as interconnects. At present I have a Chord TT2 DAC and M Scaler which I’m very happy with. Having retired after spending over forty years in the rat race I no longer have any interest in evaluating audio gear. I would rather spend my time listening to and exploring new music that I haven’t heard before and revisiting my favorite recordings from the past. 

Lampizator Golden Gate 3 is the best I've owned.  Stunning in my system.

Best I've heard is a Lampizator Horizon which just made me want it but at mid 40k bucks it ain't happening.  I'm done with the upgrade path.

A local dealer had the bottom Lampi DAC in an all Boulder system and it was amazing! They got in the top of the line Lampi and by the time I got there (48 hours), it was already sold! Although they have another on order.😀

I recently included a Chord TT2 into my system (replacing my Qutest). It's linked to an M-Scaler and the sound is great. Best sounding DAC I've ever owned.