What the Best Dac have you heard or owned. How could you tell it was that good.

I wondered what’s the best sounding dac you have heard or owned. What did it do that the others didn’t. 

calvinj
Post removed 

@wsrrsw a guy named Ron Resnick did a Dac shoot out on another forum .  Weiss, Msb,Weiss, DCS, lampiztor, Infigo and Nagra.   My Infigo fared pretty good with the others. It became a matter of personal tastes in terms of what he liked most.  He placed our Infigo on the detailed with a hint of tube warmth and smooth side.  There were small differences in most comparisons. I’m going out to Beverly Hills to hear his home system in July. 

@calvinj i know of Ron, what does he do for a living btw? Just curious lol, great DAC collection, I follow a Lampizator thread he started on that forum.

@kairosman. I don’t know. But I’m going to hear his system.  I have cousin that is getting married in July so I will be there. I love to hear folks systems. It gives me a different perspective. Although I work for Infigo. I respect well made gear regardless of brand. I like to hear as much different gear as possible and love meeting up with audiophiles just to talk music and gear. 

Audio By Van Alstine Insight multibit dac from 2008.  Retail was around $900 then,  about $1250 as of 2024.  Bought it used for $300  a few years back.  Great sounding dac for the money!