What's your favorite lyric from a song?

Just curious what stays with people...
arthursmuck
"Tutti Frutti, good booty. If it don't fit, don't force it. You can grease it, make it easy"
Well I woke up this morning
In a, In a cloud of despair
I ran my hand across my head
And pulled out a pile of worried hair
I went to my physician
Who was buried in his thoughts
He said, "Son, you've been reading too much Elephant Talk"
(Chit-chat)

He said, "The thing about depression is,
well, you just can't let it get you down.
You have to see the world for what it is:
a circus full of freaks and clowns
and you'll never please everybody,
it's a well established fact."
He said, "I recommend a fifth of Jack and a bottle of Prozac"

What can you give a man
Who has everything?
Can you give him back his edge?
Can you make him want to sing?
No, you can only take from him,
and there's nothing he can do.
I've got the "driving me to drink and eat a bottle of Prozac" blues.

Well, I woke up this morning and I shaved off my head.
By the time I realized what I had done, I was already dead
I went to see the gatekeeper who was standing by Heaven's door
He said, "I hope you brought a good supply of... you know"
(Oh, don't worry)

Prozac Blues by King Crimson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXKez6O5hno

COWBOY JUNKIES
"My Only Guarantee"

Keep it coming
I've got your back
Do not fear
When I'm on deck
A bigger lie I've never told
A bigger story yet to unfold
My only guarantee: i will f_ck you up

Another day
Of pure energy
What wears most
Is the constancy
A bigger job I've never had
A bigger burden I could not drag
My only guarantee: I will f_ck you up

Strange how things
Come about
Will I ever know
How things turn out
A bigger wish I've never known
A bigger question I'm trying to hone
My only guarantee: I will f_ck you up

from here. 

http://www.speakersincode.com/2015/11/listen-cowboy-junkies-my-only-guarantee.html

In 2008, I asked Margo Timmins of Cowboy Junkies about "My Only Guarantee," and here's what she said:

Your last album, At the End of Paths Taken, closed with "My Only Guarantee," a song about parenting. Is that a personal song for you? Do you not play that one live?

Well, it was in our repertoire to play live. We didn't pick it up, though; it sort of stayed dormant. But not for any reason, only because we have so many songs. You know, yeah it's personal in that we all have kids. Do you have kids?

No, I don't.

Well, it's an adventure. I think anybody with kids who is honest about being a parent would connect with that song. You spend so much time trying to make the right decision for your children, whether you should go organic or not, or they should go to this school or that school, or take dance or not take dance, sleep in your bed, not sleep in your bed... (Laughs)

And, I think that, really, in the end, and I think that we—this generation of parents—are even worse about making these decisions; we're just so worried about our children's psyche all the time. I think in the end, no matter how hard you try, you're going to f_ck up your children, because...you just are. Certainly you are more so if you abuse them, but even if you're just trying your hardest, in the end... I'm now in my mid-40s —I don't know anyone who is not normal, I mean, we're all mental! (Laughs)

That song is almost "Do your best," but they're going to be screwed up—not by you, by the world—because you can't make all the right decisions. I mean, you put them in piano, maybe they would have been Jimi Hendrix if you'd have given them a guitar. So, who knows, and I think just give yourself permission to realize you're doing your best, but it's going to be f_cked up.

Father John Misty. Listen to his words in the timely song.. "Bored In The USA".

Wow! I could not agree more!