What's the chances of this Let me explain :

Here’s the thing,
Just purchased an Arcam DV 27-A to go with my Krell Showcase Processor and Showcase 7 Channel Amp.
When I’m in the set up channel of the Arcam DVD player and press the cursor key it switches the Krell processor to a different input and I loose the screen on the monitor, Only way to get back the picture is to switch between another input then back to DVD on the processor.

Called Arcam to day “Very nice and polite” was advised that there remote frequency is the same as the Krell frequency and were a wear of the problem and apologized and said there wasn’t anything they could.

Called Krell was advised that they didn’t know about the problem with Arcam components BUT have heard of other brand of components doing the same.
Then the service guy just stars going on about I should have bought a Krell standard DVD player instead of the Arcam.

“Yeah what ever”

Well now I’m looking at getting a Philips ProntoPro TSU6000 remote and using the RF adapter with it.

Will this fix my problem and is there anybody that is controlling Krell and Arcam components with this or any other RF remote?

Thanks for the advice and ideas

Carl
spazzbecker
The RF will have no effect on your problem. The RF is simply a relay to it's base. You will still have the same issue unfortunately.
The pronto with RF will not solve your problem because it's still going to send the arcam commands to the IR flasher on the Krell. The only remotes that I know of that lets you address each IR flasher independently are the crestron and the Anpex panels. It would be cheaper to return the arcam and buy the krell.

Good luck,
Thanks for the quick replies.
I don’t won’t to sell the Arcam or the Krell It’s just crazy that you can’t just get a remote to control both units individually.
I have been reading a lot of remote forums and web sites “Bloody hell didn’t know there was so much to learn about remotes”, Is there any body out there that could program a Philips ProntoPro TSU6000 to work my Krell components and my Arcam DVD player, would pay if needed..

Thanks Again

Carl
Carl-

It won't work. If you want the IR control of both the Arcam and the Krell, you need to be able to generate different IR signals going into each. You can get little individual emitters to stick on each component, but the pronto is still going to cause each of the emitters to emit the same IR codes at the same time. That is what prpixel is talking about--you need to be able to individually address each IR emitter. The pronto won't do that.
It's actually surprising that this type of problem doesn't occur more often. I have a Zenith TV and a Sony DVD where pressing fast forward triggers the Zenith's picture in picture function. It's a pain, but for me only a minor pain. Your cursor key/input selector problem seems far more serious. As others have said, the Philips Pronto will not solve this problem. You might want to contact a custom HT installer and see if they can configure a remote relay device with switching capabilities. Otherwise, and I know you don't want to hear this, get the matching Krell DVD player.