What's my best upgrade options

Hello Audiogon forum,

I have an opportunity to upgrade something, but I'm unsure what the best option would be.  I just got a pair of Magico A5s, and they were a huge upgrade to my system.  I think what I'm looking for is more clarity, more crystal clear detail, maybe lower noise floor, if that makes sense.  I have an ARC Ref 150, PS audio BHK pre and stellar phono pre.  My sources are a Rega P3 with an older Ortofon MC 30 and a Cary audio CD500 cd player.  My cables are a mix of whatever I got from a dealer buying complete systems a long time ago, and some i've bought since.  I also have a surge protector I run everything thru, except the amp, I run it directly into the wall.

My options are a PS audio power conditioner, a rega P6 with newer ortofon MC cartridge, maybe a PS audio CD player or jay's audio CD player.  I could also get better speaker cable, and / or XLRs.

Thanks y'all.  1st post!

dothebluecolts

It's the economy, stupid.

Err, try it again, it's the sources, stupid.

Not calling the op stupid just the system.

If you are really interested in making improvements to your system, your source components are the place to look as others have stated. I am so surprised no one has mentioned the addition of a subwoofer or two, which is usually the go-to cure-all on this forum. :) I would suggest you start with a new phono cartridge which can easily be transferred to a new turntable should you decide to keep moving forward. Or if you just want to jump right in, get a whole new analog front end. There are many possibilities, and don't forget that a good support shelf is necessary for your turntable.

Thanks everyone. 

I plan to pursue the TT upgrade route.  Not sure what I'll get, doing the research now.  My rub is I have a pair of speakers I'm trying to sell, and I'm thinking about trading to TMR, but I feel their available products is a bit thin.

Streaming isn't really an option, we don't have high speed internet available where I live.  I do have an acrylic S10 and when I tried to set up wifi and qobuz it struggled to buffer.  could be something I can work around.  it may also be my distance to the wifi signal.

I have a huge collection of LPs and CDs.  My father passed about 10 years ago, I have all of his LPs, there's some real gems in there.

I've also thought about doing an overhaul of cables.  And, I do plan to re-tube the ARC when it gets closer to 2K hours (at about 1100 or so now), and I'll probably put different pre amp tubes in the BHK at the same time.  

Thanks again!

Honestly all your  components are capable of crystal clear spud

i would recommend looking at vibration control

This has a great impact on clarity

vibration control takes the fuzz off the sound and your left 

clear music 

Good luck Willy-T