what really happened to j. skul

why did j skul get fired from stereophile?
capeguy
> I thought J. Skull to be perhaps the most pompous, arrogant reviewer out there, whose reviews revealed mostly how full of himself he was, and the actual substance of the reviews was very mediocre at best.<

Sorry you didn't catch my meaning, my friend.

> Most of the time, I would finish the review wondering if anything he reviewed in the stratsopheric arena was less than fabulous.<

Sure, and I said so.

> His carefully worded comparisons to others of his latest audio toys were clearly woven to provide the least amount of useful, honest information, and rather an attempt to place them all on the same lofty plane of audiophile nirvana.<

That's your misinformed opinion.

> When a friend of mine emailed JS to humbly ask him a question, and didn't receive the courtesy of any reply, this only confirmed my opinion of him all along.

I'd like to know who that was. I answered almost every communication that came across my desk, and continue to do so, wanting to propogate audio and video.

> Perhaps JS's new salary at Monster Cable will allow him to imbibe a $500 bottle of Cogin while he reminisces about his glory days at Stereophile.

My glory days are ahead of me, friend, my contributions to audio journalism my pleasure to do and regret to leave.

> At least I won't have to read his braggery about which bottle of vintage grapes accompanied his latest review.<

Sorry you didn't get it.

> His termination is certainly no great loss, except for the fact that Stereophile / JA continues to display blatant incompetence / disregard at maintaining a magazine of integrity with truly top notch reviewers.

Well...
I Remain, Etc.,
JS
www.monstercable.com/ScullReport
>Does this thread serve any useful purpose?

Well, Sir, I see it this way. All kinds of stuff has been said or attributed to me in this thread. Can you tell me a single reason why I *shouldn't* respond? I mean, anyone can say anything they want on the 'Net, and suddenly it's true. Manufacturers down't like me, I refused to give equipment back, totally absurd statements. Shall I not defend myself? Or just let it ride into the popular lexicon of "thruth".
Just wondering what you thought.
JS
www.monstercable.com/Scull/Report
dekay it was great to hear from js and his respnse to his critics was a hoot as i expected it would be. he sounds like he is happy at monster and that is a good thing,i wish him the best, despite his many critics i thought he was a rip. as for you dekay, as the man said,i read your bio, and if anyone qualifys as a girly sue type it's you.but as i said befor ,i don't have time for your bitterness. good luck in your job search,work will make you strong. adios.