What makes the biggest difference in sound quality?

When making changes or adding things to your system, what makes the bigger difference in sound quality on preamp‘s and power amps? Interconnects, speaker cables, power cords, or fuses?

128x128ted_denney

@english210 The saying is that a Porsche differs from a porcupine because the prickly bits are on the outside of a porcupine.

The miata is left to the reader to noodle out.

Can I change the ‘Porsche’ to another model that is far more capable than the Miata? 

nah, the moment is gone, I know….:)

To use the car analogy, replacing street tires on the Miata with racing slicks would help the Miata’s lap times. But if someone else has a GT3 and goes from similar street tires to racing slicks, his lap times will drop a lot farther because his performance envelope was previously far more restricted by his tires than the Miata drivers.

Having said, could anyone quantify which driver is having more fun?? :)

Seeing a couple of GT3s getting passed by a Suzuki Swift on the Nurburgring convinced me the Swift driver was not embarrassed.

Much in the same way that the preamp drives a high input impedance through an interconnect just fine. There is voltage slippage happening on the tracks of the music.

I'd like to know more about how to check refrigerator compressor symptoms. How can I resolve this issue immediately?